Throwing this one open…

Home Forums Questing Does Anyone Know…? Throwing this one open…

This topic contains 0 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  imported_Vyxen 18 years, 2 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

Hi all

Perhaps you can help me identify this castle that I saw recently in a vision.

Whilst my husband and I were driving down to Glasters in late Jan I had my very first ‘scrying’ vision.

I was relaxed and open – not driving I should add – and just looking out of the window at the early morning countryside – somewhere along the M4. I then ‘saw’ a castle on a hill. It was strange looking beast – looked very much like a German ‘schloss’ i.e. all pointed battlements and a couple of flags flying from its turrets. In front of the castle was a strange goblin type creature. He was guarding the castle on the mound and in his hand he held a spear or lance (I think it was a spear). The ‘goblin’ was small but walked on two legs and had a funny ‘squashed’ head. He paced around, always keeping his eyes on me. There was no communication from him. There is soemthing else as well but I would like to keep that back for the moment.

Three things were; one – I felt it was somewhere in the UK and I’m pretty sure I’ve never visited it and two, that it was something relevant to a quest I was pursing. Lastly, I had no end of co-incidences over the weekend involving castles – in books, on pictures, in shops and even on normal buildings (i.e. look at the castellations on the George and Pilgrim pub on Glasters High St). When I got back they even continued at my mum and dad’s the next day.

I’ve discussed this already with Aurora (member on this site) and now I’m interested in your opinions.

Okay – so whadda you all think?

Blessings

Vix

‘Castell Coch’ near Cardif may be a contender -

http://www.castlewales.com/coch.html

Did the flags hold any clues, any particular colour/pattern..?

I don’t think youv’e seen the last of this ‘Goblin’, get the impression it will guide you later… Was it pointing to anything with the spear, perhaps if the goblin can’t speak maybe it can use the spear to draw a clue on the ground..?

11castlegoch.jpg

Yep, I was going to suggest Castle Goch too; also Dunster castle has that germanic type feel.

general%20117_m.jpg

But as I was redaing your post Vyxen I had ‘the red castle’ in my mind, which is what Castle Goch means… dont know about the Goblin though… didnt ring any bells, a bit too vague.

Have you considered Hermitage Castle near Hawick? I don’t know about pointy turrets and whatnot – I don’t think it’s got a roof at all nowadays, though the rest of it’s in pretty good shape. But it’s got a splendid goblin!

His name is Redcap Sly, and apparently he was the familiar of one Lord Soulis, a late medieval necromancer who made the Black Alchemist look like Sooty! (Incidentally, Shakespeare seems to have pinched some of the supernatural stuff in Macbeth from this legend.) According to one version of the rather confused tale, Lord Soulis was eventually boiled alive in molten lead and buried under a nearby stone circle called Nine Stanes Rig. Redcap Sly, who lived in a metal box, and apparently wasn’t entirely under his so-called master’s control (his prophecies certainly seem to have been infuriatingly ambiguous), remained at large, and presumably still is; some accounts make him out to be a vampire.

Amongst other peculiar beasties to be seen thereabouts are the ghost of a 7-foot-tall half-faerie knight in indestructible magic armour who was eventually tricked and drowned in a nearby stream at a spot called the Knight’s Pool – some locals still believe that this vengeful spirit will drown unwary passers-by if it gets half a chance, and one such death in living memory is blamed on the spook (I’m not just quoting the lurid tales in tourist fodder – a friend of mine lives in Hawick, and some of the older residents still take this story perfectly seriously). You can also allegedly spot a headless horseman, Mary Queen of Scots, and several other assorted phantasms if you’re lucky – I believe this makes it the most haunted building in Scotland apart from Glamis Castle.

Anyway, it’s certainly got a goblin – not a very nice one, but that’s goblins for you…

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.