The Green Stone Fund: Q+A

Home Forums Questing Questing Marketplace The Green Stone Fund: Q+A

This topic contains 0 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  imported_Simon 18 years, 3 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 31 through 33 (of 33 total)
  • Author

hey, Johnny, chill out! you are so self-righteous and all-knowing, and it must be hard to be the vessel of such knowledge of the “actualite of the spiritual realms, not all of which is predesposed to the welfare etc etc.”
    I bow to your advanced spiritual state, when you have to hold down such a high powered job, especially as you suggest it is not very high-paying. Your over-familiarity and defamation of people you haven’t even met is stunning and you must be really proud. But let me suggest that you try having a drink and a smoke “for recreational purposes” as it might make you more relaxed and happier. :D

Just a few comments on recent posts.

No-one is obliged to donate to the Green Stone fund. If you don’t agree with Andrew Collins and his group gaining posession of the stone then fair enough; you can put in your own bid, form your own consortium, or do nothing. Some of us are backing AC in this, and are urging others to do likewise, but if you don’t want to then fine.

I think the terms of the fund are clear that this isn’t about democracy. If AC and co own the items they are at least promised to be on show at public events such as QuestCon. If the British Museum were given them they would likely go into a storeroom and never be seen again. Your average museum is unlikely to be interested in objects whose only value is as psychic questing artifacts; I doubt they’ll see them as of archaeological or historical interest.

I’ve already commented on the Crowley thing elsewhere.

Peace,
    Michael

supernaturalist wrote:
    If the British Museum were given them they would likely go into a storeroom and never be seen again. Your average museum is unlikely to be interested in objects whose only value is as psychic questing artifacts; I doubt they’ll see them as of archaeological or historical interest.

Peace,
    Michael

Very true.
    I must admit, when I saw a display of various questing artefacts at a QC a number of years ago, I was a little bit bemused, especially on having read the dramatic way these objects had been discovered to the world, I thought they would resonate some “archaic power” more than they did. Maybe I just wasn’t “in touch.”
    Obviously, I never got to handle them, but they looked just a little “too perfect.” I was standing next to a friend who was an archaeologist, who was equally perplexed.
    I’ve seen stuff that has come out of the ground after centuries… Okay, some were apports.
    Not suggesting deliberate fakery but the whole Green Stone Auction farse has got me suspicious. Surely something of such unique value should stay in the Q community. AC and Graham Phillips have had a difference of opinion over this, am I correct? Surely two successful writers would be able to stump up enough cash to buy something which has been so fundemental to their whole questing lives these past 30 years?
    When I heard that donations were being asked, I was in two minds.

Not meaning to be overly critical, but the can of worms was already open. This event has raised some concerns from numerous people that’s all.

Viewing 3 posts - 31 through 33 (of 33 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.