Synchronicities in Oxford – Vyxens head is really hurting!

Home Forums Questing Does Anyone Know…? Synchronicities in Oxford – Vyxens head is really hurting!

This topic contains 0 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  imported_Vyxen 18 years, 8 months ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

Following on from my question about Binsey well and Yuri’s answers, then Turi’s post concerning his dream and the Earl of Huntingdon – I feel that it si about time that I posted some of the amazing synchronicities that have been occurring since last week in particular concerning this site and some experiences that have now been going on since Lammas.

This concerns Godstow itself. A few weeks ago I was clearing out the books in my attic and I came across some of my old medieval text books from A level. I kept them to one side as I wanted to read up about the possible pagan connection between Rufus (William II) and Lammas sacrifice (actually thinking about it – was probably around Lammas – traditional time of sacrifice, I must have had a mind to talk to my group about it).

Anyways, I found myself reading about Eleanor of Aquitaine who has always been a fave of mine. What a woman! Queen of France and of England in her time (not concurrently!) – mother to Richard and John and Duke in her own right in France. She of course married Henry II – another exceptional monarch -ahh they don’t breed them like they used to! In these scholarly texts there was a refernce to a lady called Rosamund.

I had completely forgotten about the connection to Rosamund the fair – Henrys mistress and rival to the older Eleanor. So the legend goes, she had Rosamund murdered (either my her own hand or got someone else to do the dirty deed but actually there is no evidence that she was involved in her death bat all!). Either way, she (Rosamund) was residing in Godstow and was eventually buried under or in front of the altar. Until some Bishop (name escapes me) kicked up a stink saying that no-one scarlet woman should be buried in such a holy place. Rosamund’s ghost still walks the area – sometimes visiting the nearby Trout inn (local watering hole of Inspector Morse)

In the last few weeks Rosamund and Eleanor have both been cropping up repeatedly. On the back of reading about Eleanor I spent some time finding out a bit more. Imagine my surprise then when I found Andrews references to Binsey -then checking on the map to find that Godstow and Binsey are in fact very close – within a mile or so on the Iffley plain in Oxford. I had known about the location of Godstow for some years but didn’t know the connection with Rosamund and I had never heard of the well.

As another strand of the same synchronicity I have been searching for wells in the Oxfordshire area for some time now (as places to take the group for Goddess connection to the land) and that particular one had never cropped up.

Heaping chance upon chance – in Fridays Daily Mail (the day I initially visited the well) a new play about Eleanor opened in London and at the weekend a copy of ‘The lion in winter’ DVD dropped through by letterbox from Blockbusters. I set up my list months ago and I hadn’t realised that was one of the next few to arrive as I hadn’t checked my account since before Lammas.

So in the last few weeks I have an connections with Eleanor, Rosamund, Binsey and Godstow (and even Elen as snuck in) as well as finding new foliate heads and sheilas. (again another parallel strand).

Every now and again I check andrewcollins.com for updates. I found Andrews’ interview and thus found the Binsey connection. On the back of this, I aked a guy at work quite randomly (who I had bought one of Waite’s occult books off in the past) if he had ever heard of Andrew Collins. He had. I asked if he had a copy of the Black Alchemist. He did! I read that book from the library a few years after it came out – so haven’t seen it for over 10 years. Have been desperately trying to get hold of a copy for almost all of that time. I bought the Second Coming when that came out in 1993 so have had an avid interest in the whole subject of questing since then.

So me and this guy swapped books – in the BA there is a reference to a book by Mogg (who’s part of the Oxford Pagan Circle I think) called ‘Strange Oxford’. The same reference given in the article Yuri posted about Oxford being an Ophalmous.

And lastly – this week I had an e-mail from a guy from something called the ‘Society of Enoch’. He is looking for people to talk about their belifes to this society – actually an Oxford Student Union one. Asking a bit more about what they do or belive in he said that they took the name from the Book of Enoch and that they wanted to understand more about religions whose beliefs arn’t that well know. I have agreed to the talk but actually know nothing about this ‘Book of Enoch’. Again just imagine my suprise when I googled for it and found that it concerns the Watchers and the Nephilim and then going back onto Andrews site (to get the web address of this one as I had forgotten it) and realising that he had written a book about the very same subject.

The level and detail of the synchronicites that have occured is exceptional for me – this is not by any means ‘normal’. I can only concurr that a message is being given.

Now i’m going to lie down in a darkened room as my heads’ spinning! But before I do that, could anyone suggest what the hell is going on!

Quote:
    Now i’m going to lie down in a darkened room as my heads’ spinning! But before I do that, could anyone suggest what the hell is going on!

Get used to it :wink: this is normal.

What you have written is very interesting and very ‘on the frequency’ I dont want to say too much because it would throw up too many tangents; so just quickly,

I had started corresponding with Andy back in 1989 (me just a very enthusiastic 21 yr old, hooked on questing since I read the Green Stone at 15. Andy was always friendly but short in his replies. until 1990 when I first stumbled upon the ‘Three Crowns quest’ over strange circumstances… writing to tell Andy all about it, it co-incided with research he and his Earthquest group were doing at the time (which apart from the 7 Swords was Alex Langstones Bega material… The Three Crowns form a triangle, Iona, Lindesfarne and Glastonbury; centre of this triangle is the Sea just of St. Bee’s Head Cumbria (St Bega)…anyway. My stuff started coinciding with Andy’s stuff and in 1991 I joined Andy and co on a special event run via A.S.H. Magazine (now extinct) ‘THE ST. MICHAEL LINE RALLY’… A very strange weekend.

I met up with Andrew Collins, Debbie Benstead, John & Kerry Horrighan, Alex Langstone, Paul Weston, Ian Dawson, someone called Kirk, and another ‘newbie’ like myself Richard Ward. We spent an entire Bank Holiday weekend travelling up the St. Michael Line form St. Michael’s Mount in Cornwall, all the way to St. Margarets at Hopton on Sea (the Norfolk coast) Doing meditations and visualisations all along the way… It was a mad weekend and a very intense introduction to Andy Earthquest and Co. (The first time that I had met any of them) It was on the Michael Line Rally that I told Richard Ward about my Three Crowns quest and asked him if he would like to help me investigate it and so a great friendship began. There were many syncroncities and wierd ones on the Rally which culminated with an apport at the end!

Anyway, We got talking about Blenhiem Palace. I’d been taking an interest in it since my then girlfriend (a psychic, had said that a place called Woodstock was very important to my quest (this is near Blenhiem Palace) So too was Blenhiem interesting to the Earthquest group. They were going to go there, something to do with the Arthurian character ‘The Lady of Shallott’ being based upon the story of ‘Fair Rosamund’.

Anyway, A month after the Michael Line Rally Andy and co went and did their stuff at Blenhiem and Andy wrote and told me all about it, and excitedly informed me that they had gone on to Godstow were Rosamund had been a Nun, and there they had found an old gate with Three Crowns upon it!

A few weeks later Richard and I went there to check it out for ourselves (our very first day questing as a duo, and the first time we had met up since the Rally) (We found what my then (psychic) girlfriend had said that we would find ‘near Woodstock’ (a ‘bath’ that needed clearing). It’s a long story (for a thread of its own) but there you have it.

‘On either side the river lie long fields of barley and of rye etc’ The Lady of Shallott by Tennison. Has her living in a ‘island in the river’. Between Godstow Nunnery and the Trout Inn is an island. The old overgrown gate to this island has three crowns upon it and the garden (which is ‘private’ (not that Richard or I cared)) is a very unusual place. A gothic mystery of a place. It needs its own thread and I have some great photos of what we found there but I’ll have to find them, scan them, and then do a thread for ‘Godstow’s Secret Garden’ Maybe next week sometime… have other things to do.

When Richard and I first went there the garden was an overgrown mess of British jungle. As we explored, discovering various statues and ‘the bath’ it was all awesome. We did some clearing; physically and esoterically. and much to our surprise, when we returned the following year it had been restored professionally! So much so that we were unable to tresspass without being spotted by the owners of the Trout Inn; but we’d found what we had needed to… It will always remain special to Richard and I because (although humble in comparison to later events) it was our first real questing, on our own, without Earthquest; and that made it very personal and special.

So, yes, ‘Fair Rosamund’ played her part but I’m not sure what any of it means.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.