SWORDS OF MEONIA

Home Forums General General Chat SWORDS OF MEONIA

This topic contains 0 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  imported_Malcolm 17 years ago.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author

THE SWORDS ARE TURNING UP AGAIN ,HAVING SPENT TWENTY YEARS TRYING TO LOCATE A MEONIA SWORD I AM HAPPY TO REPORT THAT ONE SURFACED RECENTLY AND IS NOW IN MY POSSESION ALONG SIDE THE BRASS COPY MEONIA THAT I FOUND OVER 18 YEARS AGO.
    SO KEEP LOOKING GUYS THERE MAY BE STILL MORE OUT THERE
    [i

Thanks for your post Malcolm.
    I would be most interested if you would post a link to a picture or two of your swords. May I ask, what has prompted you to try to locate one of these for so long? What are the origins of these daggers? Anyone know how many there are out there? So, this puts pay to the “seven swords of Meonia” I guess? Maybe 70 swords … ? LoL :P

Hi , why did I keep searching for so long,I dont really know its just that at the time of the seventh sword saga ( I later discoverd) my wife and I were working independantly on a series of rituals that parralleled what Andy and the guys were doing and involved “mending” the sacred site/lay lines and for some reason I just felt that one day one of these swords would end up in our hands ,whilst I feel it has now arrived for a reason, at this stage we are awaiting developments .Our first meonia arrival was one of the brass copy swords that were cast from the black sword around the 1920`s ,the one thing I have never understood about the brass copies was why some one went to all the extra trouble to produce a hollow blade made from two parts of steel instead of casting a solid brass sword version of the original meaonia`s, indeed our brass copy appeared to have had some form of resin or incense actually inside the blade which was split when we found it . How many swords are actually out there ? as I understand it the ORIGINAl Meonia swords were cast back in 1772 by jacobite supporters of Charles Edward Stewert either in France or Italy , some of which made there way into England .A second batch was cast around 1879 and it was these swords that Mary Heaths meonia group used . The Brass copies were cast around the 1920 and I suppose to be accurate we must now add to the collection the “copy “swords that Andrew Collins had cast .
    As to how many of the swords are knocking around in total, Some where amongst my files I have a letter from Andrew written in the 1990`s where he said that 13 or so meonia`s had already surfaced ,how many there is now is any bodys guess.
    I`ve tried adding my pics but I`m afraid this site beats me so if you wish to email me ,merlin249@camalot.freeserve.co.uk I`llbe pleased to send the pics .

Malcolm,

Thank you for that. It’s been a long while since I read The Seventh Sword and I confess to have forgotten the history behind these interesting objects. You’ve compelled me to root out my copy and start re-reading it.

Many thanks for doing the photos. I’ll email shortly.
    To post them on this forum you would certainly need a url link. I use http://www.webshots.com or imageshack – both free picture loading services which provide you with a web link which you can then post here. Just a suggestion as I’m sure people here would love to see your swords.

Your story about ‘knowing that you would possess one’ reminded me of a story of my own, nothing to do with the Meonia swords, but somewhat related of sorts. My partner and I are huge fans of the tv series Robin of Sherwood. One of the episodes involved a tale where a powerful coven were hunting for the seven swords of Wayland in order to use their power to bring Lucifer (why go for second best?) into the world!
    To cut a long story short, one of these swords (arguably tv props, but actually inscribed with a real talismanic spell on each blade) came into our possession under similiar circumstances. My partner distinctly heard a voice in her head, ‘the sword is yours!’
    Kind of weird. Very cool. :D

Dan

Malcolm has kindly sent through the photos mentioned in his post – so here they are with accompanying notes. Cheers, Malcolm.

“The original meonia that surfaced recently.
    sword1.jpg

Both swords together ,the blade in the brass sword is a temporary replacement (I’ve never felt happy about putting a proper blade into this sword).

sword2.jpg

sword3.jpg

and finally both swords along side our “key ” the Dragon sword, which led us into several curious episodes and strange encounters and culminated with a series of workings along the full length of the St Micheal line over a period of three days and two nights.

sword4.jpg

Some more info from Malcolm:

“I’ve been cleaning the sword up a bit today, unfortunately there’s about 300 years of rust on it. It looks as though it has been lying somewhere damp, with one side being considerably wetter than the other and strangly enough someone has put an edge onto to the bottom of the blade, obviously by hand and a long time ago.

However the centre panel of the cross-guard has the remains of a logo on it. It’s badly corroded but still just about visible. I can’t make it out 100% but it looks like emblem1.jpg, or possibly emblem2.jpg.”

Can anyone identify the logo or provide Malcolm with some pointers to where he may be able to get some answers?

Thanks,

Simon

Just to add my tuppence worth on the swords, let’s not forget that prior to the ‘original’ seven cast in the eighteenth century there was meant to be the sword fashioned in 1604 (apparently using a blade found in the tomb of Gwevaraugh herself) by Anne Vaux. This is the sword originally placed in the bridge at the Knight’s Pool and found by James Adams (one of the Victorian Meonians) in 1872, then lost aboard the ill-fated Treneglos off the coast of Ireland (I think) in 1883. One of the Victorian copies was then placed back at Knight’s Pool by E.V.V. Wheeler in 1885.

Of course, there is only psychic information on this lost 17th-century sword; if it really existed it seems unlikely to turn up. Anyone fancy diving around the wreckage site? (not me, fish give me the willies)

I also understand that the Victorians didn’t cast a complete set of seven themselves, as they already had some of the older swords.

Is the design on this new sword anything like the Mary Stuart monogram on the ‘Meonia fore Marye’ sword? Don’t have any books handy at present to check.

Any chance that we’ll here the story behind these two swords? Interesting stuff.

Michael

Picking up on Dan’s comments about there being more than 7 swords, I thought I’d read somewhere that Andrew acknowledged that there were probably more. But this article here [url:3lco8h58]http://www.hexarchive.com/archive/meonia.htm[/url] suggests he doesn’t – although it could be quite old. Coincidentally the chap who was given the sword is one of the authors of The Demonic Connection ([url:3lco8h58]http://www.psychicquesting.com/bookcatalog-book-21.html[/url]).

Anyone know what the latest thinking on the swords is or whether there is some test for genuine Meonia-ness (?)

Just checking back to an email received from Andy , he does stress that he had the seven swords when they performed the Form of the Lamb at the Heart of the Rose (any one know where that is ) but that several other swords have surfaced since then , with regard to Meonia abillity Andy does sign off with an instruction to use the sword wisely ! Curious that

Heart of the Rose…that rings a bell. I think Andy mentioned it at one of the QuestCons. Was it the ruined chapel in the woods in Kent? It might be referred to in 21st Century Grail but I don’t have that to hand so I can’t check right now. Maybe somebody else can place it?

Ooops, no – strike that from the record. Just found my notes and that was the Chapel of Abominations and the Rite of Babylon. Not sure about the Heart of the Rose.

According to Earthquest News Vol 2 No 2 (1992), the Form of the Lamb was indeed performed using the seven swords (as they were then) at the Heart of the Rose. This was said to be somewhere in or about the Malvern Hills near the English/Welsh border; the exact location wasn’t revealed.

The article Simon referenced and his question about Meonia-ness are interesting – what makes a sword a ‘true’ Meonia sword? To claim that any swords discovered subsequently to the first seven are nothing more than theatrical props seems a little premature. After all, if I recall correctly then two swords were found at a car boot sale, the Tintagel sword was noticed lying in a display cabinet in King Arthur’s Hall in Tintagel and the seventh sword was found in an antique shop – hardly mind-blowing stuff that says ‘I’m a magical artifact – beware of cheap imitations.’

Michael

The Heart of the Rose. Yes, somewhere in the Malvern Hills, on a hill known as White Druid Leaf Oak (?) I seem to recall. I have some literature from Paul Weston which I must dig out.
    I took part in Paul’s mass meditation, the “Circle of Perpetual Choirs” in 1999 at Glastonbury. Andy and co were at the heart with the seven swords.
    No one has been able to tell me what the result of this ever was, if there was indeed any conclusion. But that was possibly the last time the swords were used together, to my knowledge.

The Swords are fascinating

They seem to have their own agenda.

When the first one was found, the psychic info (Joanna Sessions) said NOTHING about there being more than even one of these swords, the first was just a ‘dowsing rod’ to find the green stone.

I’m led to believe that Marion Sunderland was really very dismissive about the other swords that turned up, believing that ‘only the first one’ embodied the original excalibur spirit of Gwevaraughs sword.

The two swords found at Milton Keynes were found by ‘non meonia questers’ so too, the two swords found in Coventry. Only the 6th and 7th swords were found by Andy & Co.

In all fairness, Andy’s quest to find 7 swords, was true and genuine to the psychic info that he was being given at that time… (I think of the ‘Oracle’ in the Matrix movies, she tells you what you need to hear (not neccesarily the ‘truth’)) haha.

For sure, there are many more than 7 swords and I have still yet to hear a proven theory of their original origin. To me they have a certain Scottish Masonic Lodge type feeling about them. I like the idea that some 18th or 17th century Lodge is sending them into the future to our ‘present day’. But to what ends and what purpose!?

Damned if I know. But they certainly seem to make things happen.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.