Submitting News

Home Forums General Technical Issues Submitting News

This topic contains 0 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  imported_supernaturalist 18 years, 7 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

Hi Simon,

I’ve submitted a few news stories, and I guess I’m being a bit thick, but the URL’s aren’t appearing properly and neither is my whitespace. I tried including HTML tags (despite the warning) and the tags that are used in the forums, to no avail.

What am I doing wrong?

Hi Supernaturalist. This sounds quite annoying and I’ll definitely see if there’s something that I can do. I get a load of issues when I’m logged in as Administrator but as a normal user I haven’t noticed any problems.

The way I do URLs in my posts is to type in the whole URL (e.g. http://www.psychicquesting.com ) and then highlight the whole URL and press the URL button (top right) on the text editor. What result does this give you?

Thanks,

Simon

Hi Simon,

I don’t get any of the editing buttons on Submit News that I get when posting on the Forums. I manually used the url tags from the forums, but they are just being posted as text. It just looks untidy more than anything else.

Regards,

Michael

Hi Michael,

Apologies. My mistake – I thought you meant the forums.
    I’ll check this immediately and let you know what I find.

Cheers,

Simon

OK, Michael.

I think I’ve worked out what’s happening (but sadly not why, yet).
    You *can* use regular A HREF= tags to create hyperlinks and they work fine. But carriage returns in the text are being suppressed so you must use two break tags (that’s br in angular brackets)

I’ll try to find out what’s causing this but in the meantime at least there’s a workaround.

Let me know if you have any more hassles though as I want to try and make the site as user-friendly as possible and this is all valuable feedback.

Cheers,

Simon

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.