Psyhic Questing artefact for sale

Home Forums Questing Questing Marketplace Psyhic Questing artefact for sale

This topic contains 0 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  imported_Meugher 18 years ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 20 total)
  • Author

Hi,

A rare and one-off chance to acquire a genuine Psychic Questing artefact.

This is a ‘silver’ dagger approximately 25cms long and 11cms at the hilt. The hilt is ornately decorated with patterns and has two sets of what appears to be soldiers with shields and swords on it. Where the hilt joins the blade there is a sort of lion thing.

It was discovered by Gaynor several years ago during a quest among the Shropshire hills, and comes with full details of provenance and details of the quest which was never completed (we don’t think, unlesss someone else manged to do so). It doesn’t appear to be very ‘old’, (it looks like a heavy duty paperknife) but was located three feet underground with the blade stuck in a piece of wood, so you may draw your own conclusions as to its age and purpose.

I can send photos of the dagger on request if you email me privately at andy@darkstar.fsnet.co.uk .

It’s for sale for a seven day period, after which if it’s unsold it will go to a dealer. £250 inc p&p.

Happy Trails

Andy

Dagger of Numptos – Part 1

It is told the dagger bore an uncanny property of weightlessness to the owner…

…Like the levitating sension when a large wad of cash is removed from your wallet!

Does the artifact come with an acompanying video? Or do you plan to sell that later for the next kings ransom?

Unhappy snails

Steve

Hi Steve,

Such cynicism! You pays your money (or not) and your takes your chance. Offers happily accepted. There were plenty of peopl happy to but the Green Stone and related artifacts, there may or not be plenty interested in this item. Their loss and a dealer’s gain I’m afraid.

Happy Trails

Andy

Best of luck Andy,

If money is all you seek then so be it.

I personally think you have missed an opportunity with the Green Stone. If you had gone ahead and re-buried it when you had the chance, it would have been a perfect ending to the story surrounding it.

If someone then came along and retrieved it by psychic means it would prove to be of some significance, but alas we will now never know.

The main fact is that when these questing artefacts are auctioned in this way, it devalues the whole process in which they were originally obtained. You may be after a fast buck or just simply want to be rid of them, but you can’t expect to gain any respect for this.

Steve

Steve!

Oh dear!

>If money is all you seek then so be it.

As opposed to what other medium of exchange – carrots?

If people have invested time and money in retrieving an artifact I see no issue with that money being regained by using that artifact. This just sounds like sour grapes from someone who thinks it should be just given away, or exchanged for carrots. Speaking of exchange I’d also be happy to exchange for an equally ‘interesting’ or collectable item.

>I personally think you have missed an opportunity with the Green >Stone. If you had gone ahead and re-buried it when you had the >chance, it would have been a perfect ending to the story surrounding it.
    >If someone then came along and retrieved it by psychic means it would >prove to be of some significance, but alas we will now never know.

I don’t think I’ve ever claimed the Green Stone has any significance Steve. ‘Significance’ is in the mind of the beholder and is entirely relative.

>The main fact is that when these questing artefacts are auctioned in this >way, it devalues the whole process in which they were originally >obtained.

See above, but:

a) It’s not being auctioned, I have stated a price and now suggested an exchange would be possible
    b) The artifact is Gaynor’s possession to do with as she sees fit
    c) I don’t think you have any idea about the processes which surround the finding of the artifact in question

>You may be after a fast buck

See above

>or just simply want to be rid of them,

Well, these things do tend to clutter the house up!

>but you can’t expect to gain any respect for this.

Where, pray, have I intimated that I was after any ‘respect’? Quite frankly what people think or believe is up to them Steve. I know the truth of the matter surrounding this and other artifacts. And incidentally, lest your po-faced attitude causes you to rant further can I just point out that monies made from the sale of Green Stone books etc which I have sold on this site have gone towards a covered bench which gaynor is having erected outside Flint Cotage Hospital, where Marion spent the last few weeks of her life. Seems like reasonable use of such money to me, and has more releveance than nonsense talk about ‘making a fast buck’, ‘respect’ or anything else.

Happy Trails
    Andy

Steve

Hi Guys,

This thread raises a few interesting points and I would be grateful of feedback from both buyers and sellers to help guide the overall policy on this website.

Firstly, when I created this forum it was explicitly set aside as the “Questing Marketplace” and as such is the exact right place to come and sell your wares. Also I have made it clear up front that the name of the game here is “caveat emptor” – and I think that the users are big enough and ugly enough to work out what they want to buy and what they don’t.

From this point of view, I’d far rather that vendors advertised their wares here first, as opposed to say eBay, as this ensures that the Questing community (or at least the part of it that has registered on this site) has the first chance to acquire what they want. Also this more direct approach is hopefully cheaper for the vendors.

A number of the posters on this site regularly trade in questing-related items (most particularly “hernesSon” and “james”) and I want to encourage them and others to use this forum where appropriate as I think this will result in a better deal all round.

So, specifically with Andy/Meugher selling a silver dagger, I have no problem with this and expect that it will be of interest to some folk and absolutely no interest to others. I think that it’s up to anyone who’s interested to test the evidence/provenance relating to the item for themselves.

As another example of this, I’ve been trying to persuade my brother (unsuccessfully so far) to make me a magic wand that I can put up for sale on this forum. I believe that he has a “sensitivity” with wood and stones (this expresses itself on one level through his work as a professional landscape gardner) which he could use to craft a pretty effective “energy amplifier”. Now I would never make any claim to what such an item could do and so much about it is subjective and relates to your particular beliefs. So some (indeed most) would believe that this was complete snake oil – but is that a reason not to post it for sale? What if someone is happy to pay the asking price because they believed it would be useful for a particular questing sketch or ritual? Am I taking advantage of them or is this just the free market economy?

Moving on to slightly murkier ground, I know a man whom I believe to be totally sincere in his beliefs and even highly scientific in his approach who designs devices to turn ordinary water into “high energy” water. Again he makes no claims for what this water could do – but the implication is clear. So if such a device ever came up for sale, should it be censored on the basis that it was preying on the hopes and fears of the unwell, or should it be allowed into the quirky mix of items in the marketplace where it was up to the buyers to decide what they wished to purchase?

My own personal stance is that Andy/Meugher’s sale of the silver dagger (or indeed old copies of questing magazines – I meant to bid for these myself but was away at the time) certainly doesn’t offend me – indeed I would encourage more of the same from other potential vendors. But I’m open to to what others think and welcome any comments/suggestions to make this forum ever better…

Thanks,

Simon

Is it ok to sell freshly harvested body parts… and what’s the going rate for a nice pair of ears (sorry they’re not matching)? :wink:

I’m in agreeance with Simon.

Surely (for what ever reasons) if someone is going to sell something of questing interest then it should be encouraged to appear here first rather than on eBay where we may never hear about its availability.

As for magic wands and energised water, so long as the vendor is honest about what they are selling and explain why they believe said item/s to be worthy… then it’s up to the buyer to make up his or her mind about the usefulness of the item… what may appear irrelivant or even trite to one person may seem full of synhronicity and serendipity to someone else.

Body parts eh…hmmm…pickled or un-pickled?

I’ve bought some books from Andy in the past. I can understand why selling artifacts feels sacriligious to Steve, but I think I have to agree with Simon on this. Better to appear here first, where an artifact might have significance or importance to someone involved in questing.

Michael

I don’t think it’s an issue as to whether it is right or wrong to sell artefacts that you no longer feel you need, I think the problem is Andy, it is the way he dealt with The Green Stone sale in such an appalling way that have made people wary of him. Many people felt totally robbed by it.

Flight

Pilgrims,

‘Flight’ wrote:

>I don’t think it’s an issue as to whether it is right or wrong to sell >artefacts that you no longer feel you need, I think the problem is Andy, >it is the way he dealt with The Green Stone sale in such an appalling >way that have made people wary of him. Many people felt totally robbed >by it.

I rather think that this is more sour grapes Flight old boy/girl. The Green Stone sale was terminated because of the amount of nutters who were getting in contact. Several people had
    said they were going to put offers in and didn’t, and it went to someone who had taken the trouble to keep in constant contact and could come up with a ‘reasonable’ amount of money.

I would suggest that you move on from the Green Stone. It’s gone. If no-one is interested in the particular artifact on offer it will be going to a US dealer in such objects. I was merely trying to keep it in the PQ community, as with the books and zines, and all that has happened is a lot of people can’t accept the fact that Gaynor is entitled to dispose of her possessions in any way she sees fit. And it’s precisely because of these childish attitudes that I have to do it for her as she is appalled at some of the things which have been said. I strongly suspect the rest of the artifacts etc will be offered straight to dealers in magical arifacts as the general questing public can only moan.

Happy Trails

Andy

Quote:
    Several people had
    said they were going to put offers in and didn’t, and it went to someone who had taken the trouble to keep in constant contact and could come up with a ‘reasonable’ amount of money

Oh Andy, that’s crap and you know it.

As one of the psychic questing.com members who was eager to put in money to the ‘official’ fund, you didn’t give us the chance to put our bid in. Remember? You ended your ‘auction’ before the given end date.

I don’t want to go over old ground but you just make me sick.

Flight

Oh dear!

Mr Flight has not really understood what went on at the time and, as with so many others, is possessed by sour grapes because he and his cronies hadn’t understoof that to *win* an auction you actually have to have a bid in. As for it finishing early I have already explained why this was the case. If, of course, you would have liked Gaynor to suffer further at the hands of nutters solely so you could possess the Green Stone (my precioussssssss) then that’s for your conscience to deal with.

As for me ‘making you sick’ – you really shouldn’t let people affect you so at a distance Mr Flight, but if I’ve achieved that effect without even having to try then I’m quite pleased with myself!

Happy Trails

Andy

Andy,

You do realise by calling the people involved ‘me’ and my ‘cronies’ that you are being extremely derrogatory to the people on this very forum. The very people that felt passionate enough and ‘spiritual’ enough to put their hands in their pockets who wanted to see the security of the Green Stone. You are belittling what was very important to many people here.

You are showing your true colours today.

Hi Ms Flight,

We’ve corresponded before and you were extremely patient with the glitches you encounteres when registering. I’m delighted that you’re still checking in on us and it would be great if you introduced yourself and gave a bit of background to your interest in questing over on the “Introduce yourself” forum.

Things don’t always go to plan and it was a real shame that we didn’t secure the green stone…but maybe it chose its own destination…and I do have empathy for Gaynor who had just lost her Mum after a horrible illness and I could see how she probably just wanted rid of the whole affair as quickly as possible. Maybe I’m overly-optimistic or just plain naive.

But let’s channel the positive energy that we have built up on this site and look to more exciting times in the future. There may be another stone out there waiting to be found…

Peace,

Simon

I am in total agreement with Simon on this one. Lets look to the future, and not get caught up with slagging people off.

Alex Langstone

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 20 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.