Price Guide?

Home Forums Questing Questing Marketplace Price Guide?

This topic contains 0 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  imported_Juptin 16 years, 4 months ago.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author

Does anyone know where I could find some sort of price quide for Questing material (mostly books), I’m interest in selling and buying but have no idea about this and I’d hate to rip off or be ripped off.

Many thanks.

Hi Juptin,

If you’re interested in this an excellent way to monitor prices is to create a personal search on eBay (e.g. “psychic questing”) and then syndicate it to an RSS reader (see the RSS explanatory piece on this website for more info).

Skimming back over some recent entries of items that were actually sold (many are listed at inflated prices and never sell) I can provide the following finger-in-the-air reckoner but please back this up with your own research and remember that different editions and conditions will affect the price:

The Green Stone – £33 (18th Nov 2007)
    The Eye of Fire – £10.50 (27th Nov 2007)
    Seventh Sword (Hardback) – £ 19.99 (4th Nov 2007)
    Seventh Sword (paperback) – no info
    Black Alchemist (paperback – edition unknown) – £38 (8th Dec 2007)
    The Second Coming (paperback – edition unknown) – £2.70 !!! (5th Nov 2007)

If you have anything specific in mind post details and I’m sure you’ll get more comments as some members actively trade questing-related goods on eBay (e.g. Malc). If I have any more information on specific items I can pass that on as well.

Hope this helps – cheers, Simon

Bega and the Sacred Ring – £45 (14th Dec 2007)

The Circle and the Square (Paperback) by Jack Gale – £5.25 (currently on Amazon.co.uk)

Aaargh – now look what you’ve started! :wink:

Nothing recent that I can find for “Web Quest” or “The Sun and the Moon: The Hill and the Well”.

Anyone got any others that I’ve missed?

Many thanks simon

This is very useful, sorry about starting you on a price list quest! :)

:lol:

Sun and the Moon, the Hill and the Well (Paperback)
    by Michael Alan Smith – Amazon.co.uk reseller looking for £23.99

[url:2lk08eyu]http://www.amazon.co.uk/exec/obidos/tg/detail/offer-listing/-/0953046907/used/ref=sdp_usedb/202-5715541-9272626[/url]

Still nothing for Web Quest, though.

OK – I’ll stop soon, I promise!

Andrew Collins had a couple of copies of “The Black Alchemist Supplement” which he was selling for £30 each. As these seem to be very scarce (I can’t find them on sale anywhere else at present), this seems like a reasonable price for the “Questing completist”.

[url:268mt4mt]http://www.andrewcollins.com/page/books/books_for_sale.htm[/url]

Just to add my two penyworth, some years ago I sold a hard back signed Seventh sword which made £125 so that hard back which went on ebay recently was a steal! ( wish I`d seen it grrrrrrr) I did see a hard back copy in Glastonbury at £75 recently ,How ever I`m back in work now ( had to move to wales to find work though) so unless I find spares I wont be selling any more questing gear on ebay ,…………unless of course any one wants to make me an offer I cant refuse for an original Meonia sword ,hehehehehe
    Malc

Hi

I paid:

The green Stone – paperback – £96 via Amazon in 2006
    The Eye of the Fire – paperback – £3 (just got lucky and found it in a shop) in 2006 ( i think i have seen it on Amazon for £100+)
    Black Alchemist – paperback – £25 (signed copy) – from Andrew Collins last Quest weekend in 2008
    Seventh Sword – hardback – £45 (as above)
    Second Coming – paperback – £40 (as above)

At least i have these in my possession now! and i’m not dribbling at the mouth in envy of others having them! hehehe

I would like to own the meonia stone – not sure what i would do with it though! I would just keep it safe somewhere away from the ‘dark forces’… I did buy a green stone and used to pretend that it was the real one and would hold it whenever i read The Greenstone, silly i know….. Anyone know where the Meonia stone is now???

Cheers
    Reiki Sue x

The Questing Back catalogue like all things fluctuates depending on demand. Copies of The Green Stone and The Eye of Fire consistantly seem to go for at least £30+ Hardback copies of the Green Stone can demand £100+
    A first edition Seventh Sword has been selling lately for as little as £20, and as much still as £100 or more.
    You can catch a real bargain sometimes if you just wait. Sometimes a few copies will go up together on Ebay and that usualy drives the price down a bit.

I have, at various stages, owned quite a lot of the questing books, and still have The Black Alchemist Supplement and copy of the audio tape Andy produced with it. It’s a recording of an impromptu interview between him and Bernard at Danbury.

I’ve always been pretty lucky sourcing spares. Perculiarly, I often get a “sense” if I’m just about to discover one. I don’t know what that means exactly… I’ve found several copies of the Green Stone in charity shops for as little as £2.

One I do regret selling is the very rare Web Quest which I believe went to our very own Wembaster of the PQP!
    The Sun and the Moon… is a very good read too.

Sue. Well done on your purchases. I do recall seeing a very happy lady clutching an armful of books at the Weekender, looking like the cat that got the cream!
    As regard the whereabouts of the Green Stone and Casket. I think the details are still confidential. I only to recall the hype it got and the battle to keep it within the “community,” a battle which I (think) was lost? I wonder now what its further destiny is exactly, if anything. Has it told all it was required to tell. Isn’t it now just a relic of successful questing, or will new blood extract further missing knowledge not revealed the first time?

[quote:5fc4d8a960="HernesSon"]
    One I do regret selling is the very rare Web Quest which I believe went to our very own Wembaster of the PQP!
    [/quote:5fc4d8a960]

Sorry, mate. That *was* me :oops:
    Another good psychic questing book that often gets overlooked is “The Circle and The Square” by Jack Gale. One of the reasons that I like it so much is that he never spends time trying to justify his psychic insights/magic – he just takes it all for granted and moves on which gives it a different feel to most of the other books where the authors are aware of the disbelief they could face and try to justify, to some extent, what they are doing.

I see that Amazon (or one of their sellers) has a Hardback edition of The Green Stone selling for £52 – that’s quite a rarity.

Thanks,it’s very useful
    i think there also useful for you,the discount boots link: discount uggs salediscount uggs sale:silly: :P

I’ve noticed that prices are relatively low at the moment, down to the economic climate no doubt, evidenced by the number of bargains I’ve had over the past twelve months or so.

As a collector of such things, the current market has me in two minds – the value of my collection now, compared to what it cost to put together, is far far lower (not that this really matters), but at the same time I’m able to secure new items at a lower price.

Mind you, I have so many duplicates now I’ll be able to set up an Andrew Collins Book store soon……..

Kind Regards
    Baruc.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.