Place Name?

Home Forums Questing Does Anyone Know…? Place Name?

This topic contains 0 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  imported_Juptin 16 years, 4 months ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

A couple of years ago I was given the name “Campbury” or “Campberry” in a dream.

I have been searching for this as a place name for ages with no luck, the name seems to be in the back of my mind all the time, it’s quite odd.

I was thinking that it may be a colloquial name for an area somewhere.

I’d be very grateful if anyone could shed some light on this for me.

Thanks

hi was just reading through your uploaded mes…after going through probably all the obvious avenues here to find out if such a place exists, i started to break up the name…looking for possible name meanings etc, and had a moment of inspiration and decided to swap campberry round to read “BERRY_CAMP” i did a search on wikepedia, and discovered it is actually an iron age fort that lies on top of a partially eroded cliff in Devon in the parish of Branscombe, there also use to be a stone circle that lay to the west comprising of 6 standing stones, with a centre one making it 7 in total, called the ‘STONE HORSE’…unfortunatley this was dismantled in the 1830′s and broken down to be used, to form a rockery at ‘BRETON HOUSE’…bloody barbaric victorians!!! lol…so yep dont know if thats of any help? hope so, would be interested to know more of dream? or follow up?

Many thanks zach, this has now opened a new avenue of investigation for me.

The original dream was just me going on a long walk through local places of interest with my goal being this Campbury/berry, even in my dream I had no idea what or where it was.

Over the Christmas period I got through meditation:

Corner of ruin, from above, glowing white cavalry cross with undulating curves, Celtic cross with carvings.

I recognised this ruin to be Lesnes Abbey in Abbeywood and I’m pretty sure the area I was looking at is related to the Roesia’s heart story, people still leave offerings there to this day (from Bexley Council’s website):

“Roesia was the great grand daughter of Sir Richard de Luci. As a young girl she was raised at Lesnes Abbey and grew to love the place. She eventually married and moved away, becoming Roesia de Dover. However, when she died her heart was buried at Lesnes Abbey as a relic to be prayed for in order to speed the passage of her soul through purgatory”.

Interestingly I have found a small silver cross at the Abbey previously.

Hi there hope this finds all well and good, this is beggining to sound more and more curious, i awoke this morn with vague recolections of a dream regarding the post i sent you about BERRY-CAMP, that you had replied etc, hence why im onlin now :) checking.Im glad ive provided some food for thought regarding the name and hope it helps in leads to the next step.
    Now returning to your dream, this is where it gets a litlle curious, couldnt quite believe what i was reading when you made references to ‘Lesnes abbey’….i quickly read through my previous posts to see if i made mention of such a place in my old notes yet, and to my further suprise hadnt.
    To explain, Lesnes abbey was somewhere i visited following leads in the original ongoing quest back around Nov2003 with a fellow quester….it turned up some very interesting leads to say the least.It seems this is somewhere you yourself are familiar with?..i found the place to be very bizarre, surrounded by poorhousing estates, rundown, and generally a very angry sort of place, with this incredible ruin and woods slap bang in the middle of it!!! with not a soul around, no dogwalkers etc, again the venturing of the woods lead us to the top of a ridge, where we found old tumuli in an open area.Once again myself and fellow friend were very unerved about the whole place and wanted to leave after a while and get back to the safety of more familiar territory.We collated necessary material gleamed from our visit, and havent returned since.
    I just find it very interesting that a) you know of such place….and b) you saw it in meditation.also of note is the fact that you found a silver cross at the site, it prompted me to also recall my friend whom i went to ‘Lesnes Abbbey with found an object too, but i cannot remeber for the life of me what it was, have just left a message with them to see if they can recall….bizarely a small silver cross sounds like it could have been the same.I just have this recolection of saying that we should leave it behind and not take it , i didnt like the energy associated and felt with it, and we both concluded it was better left where it was.
    To reflect in conclusion, i find it facinating that you posted about the meditation and more importantly where you associated it with, especially in light of the quest im currently following through, as with all things i find information and clues come from unlikely sources around us all the time, so am not suprised with this current reference you have made, but also very pleased.I would gladly like to hear more about what you think of ‘Lesness Abbey’ and swap notes.

Hi zach.

This is indeed very interesting, the cross I found was sort of a wire frame so the inside was hollow, it was quite badly bent.

Since my last post I’ve been desperately searching for it, I found it by chance a few years ago on a casual visit to the place as I live fairly close to the Abbey.

I’d be more than happy to swap info and for us to keep each other up to date on events, I’ll PM you my email address.

Last night I had an odd dream about looking for an old computer game called “The Warriors” even though this is a fairly new game, I feel that Warriors is of relevance.

Cheers

hey there, thanks for the reply…its all very curious :) , it would be cool to swap notes etc, and see if myself or you are able to divulge any leads, will also post you pm, my email address.im currently suffering from the worst flu,sinistitus…eeeergh!!! and am trying to recover asap…so if all quiet for a bit, you get the picture…

I’ve only just got over a cold myself.

I’ve found the cross (again), I’ve PMed you about things.

See you around, and once again many thanks :D

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.