Nephilim marbles in Greece

Home Forums Questing Does Anyone Know…? Nephilim marbles in Greece

This topic contains 0 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  imported_Manolisa 18 years, 10 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

Does anyone know anything about (or has seen a photo of) the Nephilim marbles in Greece?

Hi Manolisa,

I’m lucky to know quite an expert in this area and she has come back with the following information:

“[With regards to the Nephilim] As biblical giants they are hard to accurately pinpoint on any art work but there are lots of images of generic battles between the Gods & the Giants, found particularly on 6th & 5th century temples (eg Temple of Poseidon at Sounion, Parthenon, E metopes and Siphnian Treasury N frieze (Delphi).
    What you can’t say for sure is that any of these are specifically depicting the Nephilim.

Not even Pausanias mentions them and he is usually first on the list for mentioning wondrous tales and myths and he is a good source for identifying characters of all nature!

There are also sometimes speculative attempts to tie in the Nephilim with the construction of some of the Bronze Age Palaces (particularly Mycenae & Tiryns) because of their use of Cyclopean masonry. HOWEVER, this is not something that is found in the ancient (or contemporary) Greek tradition, its a modern highly spurious idea and not something from Greek myth (certainly not the identification of Nephilim).

As far as I am aware, there is nothing which is identified specifically as the Nephilim marbles, although that is not to say that someone hasn’t suggested this….”

That being the case, then, do you have any further information on who mentioned these “nephilim marbles” and in what context? Perhaps then I could get some better feedback for you.

- Simon

First of all, thanx for your time and valuable information.

I ve read an interview done some years ago by a Greek journalist with Carl McCoy of the respected band Fields of the Nephilim.
    In one question the journalist refered to the Nephilim marbles that he claims that exist in Greece and I am wondering whether such a thing actually exists. From all I know, the only Nephilim (fallen ones) beings that “exist” in the ancient Greek tradition are the gigantes (giants) indicated in the Theogony of Hesiod.
    According to Andrew Collins in his book “From the ashes of angels” these giants were the descendants of egrigoris or grigori who are most probably related to the watchers of the Hebraic tradition.
    In Greek grigori means fast ones, so perhaps if we assume that these beings are nothing but a form of energy,the characterization grigoroi may have the meaning of fast, divine light or something similar.
    But still I don’t see any further relation and I am wondering whether the journalist was serious about it or just another fiddle-faddler :)
    Unfortunatelly, I have no further information and since my knowledge and accademic interest on the subject is solely based on my personal research I am trying to collect as many pieces I can.

I recall reading the same interview, I thought he just meant statues of Titans, which you can relate to the Nephilim legend, in the myths they were both imprisoned.

Hmm… I am not sure about that but since we can only assume I guess I would agree with you. I wish the journalist could give us some more enlightening details on the subject…

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.