Lunar Standstill Cycle

Home Forums Questing Does Anyone Know…? Lunar Standstill Cycle

This topic contains 0 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  imported_wyldwych 19 years, 2 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

I was wondering if anyone here has any information on The Lunar Standstill Cycle that can be observed from the Staffordshire Moorlands?

I have recently read “Earth Mysteries of the Three Shires” by Doug Pickford, which mentions the above phenomena. I’m aware of the Double Sunset at Leek and the Midsummer connections with Luds Churceh, but am keen to find out if these are connected in anyway.

I am also currently researching the Templars in Staffordshire, and associated subjects.. should anyone one have any information I would be most greatful. Its for an up and coming literary project, and due credit will be given to anyone providing me with information.

Many thanks

Hi Sheena,

You’ve probably already come across this but one of the Lecturers in the History department of Keele University, one Robin Studd, appears to be something of a “templars in Staffs” expert. Two of his papers include:

“A Templar Colony in North Staffordshire: Keele before the Sneyds”, Essays on the History of Keele, ed. C.J.Harrison (1986), pp.5-21

and

“From Preceptor to Prisoner of the Church; Ralph Tanet of Keele and the Last of the Templars”, Staffordshire Studies 8 (1996), pp.36-49

Also I know this isn’t exactly on-topic but this link [url:dlygrrzz]http://www.pglstaffordshire.co.uk/history.asp[/url] mentions a history of Freemasonary in Staffs by F A Cotton which may give clues to previous Templar activities. Interestingly Dr Plot is mentioned here, forming a link to the other part of your question (the lunar standstill).

Cheers,

Simon

Thanks Simon,

I have already read “A Templar Colony, Keele Before the Sneyds”, which was invaluable, and fascinating, as Keele is always somewhere I’ve been drawn to.

I’ve not seen “From Preceptor to Prisoner of the Church; Ralph Tanet of Keele and the Last of the Templars”.. so thanks for that, I’ll see if I can get it from the library.

I’ll also check out the link.. many thanks..
    Yes, Dr Plot.. another resource I’ve not checked properly..

Thanks, plenty to keep me going ;-) )

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.