INTRODUCE YOURSELVES

Home Forums Questing Please Allow Me to Introduce Myself… INTRODUCE YOURSELVES

This topic contains 0 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  imported_YURI 18 years, 7 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
  • Author

I noticed that there are about ten new members since the beginning of september, but none of you have made any posts. For this forum to work people really need to get talking.

Doesnt matter if you are actively involved with Questing or not. Just post a ‘hello’ and say what topics you are interested in and what drew you to the site and made you join.

You have to get talking…there’s magic in that; and then the universe can make things happen but if we are silent, so is the universe. Go on, throw a pebble in the pond… make some ripples.

Yuri.

Well said, Yuri. To try and facilitate this, I’ve created a whole new forum for people to introduce themselves.

So c’mon folks – post a quick hello!

imported_rw

Hi, prompted by my good friend Yuri’s comments, i suppose its about time i introduced myself to PQ.com.
    My name is Richard Ward, I am an Essex based researcher interested in all things esoteric, and have been actively questing since 1989. I am glad there is now a site dedicated to this pursuit.
    I started questing seriously after reading “The Black Alchemist” in 1989 and going to one of Andy Collins’ talks on the subject. I was hooked! Since then I have enjoyed working with Andy on a number of quests from the early 90s on. My good friend Yuri prompted me to join the site by posting some of the Oxfordshire material relating to his ‘three crowns’ quest that took us to many sites, Godstow and Binsey included.
    I hope more people will follow Yuri’s lead and make the site more active.

Hi Yuri,

Thanks for stirring this up. Maybe Alex Langstone could post something about his plans for the new Bega book and the reprint of the old one. Hopefully we will also get some further responses from the rest of the folk lurking out there.

I hope that you don’t mind my moving the topics into the new forum.

Cheers,

Simon

Hi all, been very busy writing my new book “Spirit Chaser”, which will catalogue the whole St Bega Quest from 1989 to the present day, in what I hope will be a very entertaining style! Loads of new material emerging as I speak, a hugely exciting time at the moment. Hardly time to draw breath as each day seems to turn up new ideas, which will all be revealed in the book. A re-print of Bega and the Sacred Ring is planned sometime very soon, keep checking my website for details (see links). Great to see a few folks talking on this site now. Will return soon for a few comments.

Alex Langstone

Hullo all

Well – I had better post sommet about myself! :lol:

As said before, I work as an Engineer for a manufacturing company based near Oxford. Married with two lovely little dogs!

On the esoteric front – I read BA in about 1990/91, then TSC when it came out. Immediately fascinated by the whole subject of psychic questing. Studied Physics at Liverpool Uni from 95 to 98 before moving down to Oxfordshire to be with my parents who had relocated from Lancashire in 95 (yes, I am originally from oop north!).

Became interested in Paganism towards the end of 98 but it took a few more years (and some wonderful experiences with Herne the Hunter) for me to get fully involved. First in solitary neo-wicca and then training as a Priestess of Avalon in Glastonbury with Kathy Jones.

I founded a learning circle (which was to broadly explore many aspects of Paganism) at Lammas 2003 which I ran with a friend for two years. The group evolved into a Neo-Wiccan Coven [url=http://www.phoenix-rising.uk.com:1dcc30s7]Coven of Phoenix Rising[/url] but I have just stepped away from leading that group now to explore Goddess based spirituality in greater depth and to concentrate on my writing.

I have been reading the tarot since 1991 which I also teach as well as teaching about Earth-based religions and Goddess Spirituality.

On a questing front, I am very much the greenhorn. Have wanted to do it for years but have not been able to find the time or there was always some other distraction. However, since moving away from the group (I have moved to the outer circle or court) many opportunities have presented themselves – most notably the Godstow/Binsey experiences which culminated in my first sketch a couple of weeks ago. This in turn has led to more research in that area as well as combing my two other present topics, foliate heads and the Goddess Elen. (with a few ley lines thrown in for good measure).

Well that’s me guys!

Vix

Hi all

My name is Stuart Logan and I am a Co-founder of C.O.T.C Paranormal Investigations based in Worthing, West Sussex.

I have been interested in all aspects relating to the paranormal for many years and have enjoyed good and bad times/experiences.

I also astral travel which I find both frightening and exciting but this is something I am coming to terms with.

I will pos more as and when I think I have something worth while saying.

Regards

Stuart

Hello Stuart,

When you say you astral travel do you mean as in out-of-body-experience apparently in the physical realm, or as in visionary treks around otherworldly realms? Or both even (assuming they are to be distinguished, which is by no means certain)?

From your comment about it being frightening and exciting it sounds like your astral travels are involuntary. Would you care to say a little more to satisfy my voyeurism? Have you acquired knowledge in your travels that has been useful in what I laughingly call ‘normal’ consciousness?

Regards,

Michael

Hi Michael

Thanx for asking. I believe that I do both (as you say is difficult to differ between the two). I say frightening as well as exciting as some of the stuff I see and hear if truth be known I would rather not, however I know I am being shown these things for either self awareness, my development or to help others.

I do go voluntarily most of the time but (this will sound real weird) occasionally I have been called to help others. Sometimes it can be my close friends other times its complete strangers (at least they are as far as I know). Perhaps thesee are people I have known/met in another existance or on another level.

I meet people all the time who I seem to just get o with and I believe its more than ‘we have similar tastes etc…’ perhaps I am wrong and deluding myself but I have read/heard and seen other people’s experiences and I believe there is a bigger purpose to all of this. Till then I will keep learning what I can and help where I can.

Regards

Stuart

Hello all,

I’m Mercury from Burnham-on-Crouch. Got interested in the subject when I read Andrew Collins’ BA. Have since then (c1990, I think) kept a close eye on anything that Andrew writes about my home county, Essex, in a questing way.

Up until recently I was living in Danbury, so naturally one of my favourite books is AC’s Knights of Danbury!

I wasn’t sure how to meet other like-minded people – in Essex primarily – but I guess this is a good start.

Hello Mercury,

I’m from Brentwood in Essex myself, though I live in Plymouth now (well, in Hooe actually, just a water-taxi ride away into the Barbican).

There used to be an Earthquest group that met in Leigh-on-sea (the Ship Inn? I can’t remember) and I don’t know if that is still around. Having said that, my geography is appalling and I’m not sure how far Burnham-on-Crouch is from Leigh-on-sea. Does anybody know anything more on this? You could always go to AC’s website and ask him via email.

Do tell us if there is anything in particular that you are interested in/active in at the moment.

Best Regards,

Michael

Hi Guys

New to the forum, but not questing

EQ used to meet above The Ship in Leigh-on-Sea, and I attended many a meeting there! EQ, as was, stopped years ago, but maybe it’s time it re-started??

AndyM

Hello Andy M,

Are you involved in anything at the moment?

Michael

Hi Michael

I run a paranormal investigation team, investigating all things paranormal, but we occasionally look at questing related locations, as well as haunted ones, so yes, kind of.

Andy

Hi everyone

Thought I’d better quickly make myself known to everyone and not be accused of lurking in the shadows! And also because I have a bizarre story which I’ve got to tell especially after what’s just happened!

I’ve been interested in PQ since reading – strangely enough – Andy Collins’ books in the early 90s and have maintained a curious interest since then. I’m not generally a great “believer” in anything, more of a general agnostic but there’ something about psychic phenomena that intrigues me and has done for a number of years (I’d recommend anyone who hasn’t to take a look at some of Colin Wilson’s theories in books like The Occult, Mysteries, and Beyond the Occult).

In the late 90s, quite a while after I’d read The Seventh Sword I used to pay monthly visits to a second hand book shop in Derby a few miles from where I worked. One time I’d been in the day before and found nothing of interest. Normally I’d just wait 3 or 4 weeks to pop in again for a browse but this particular time I felt an overwhelming urge to go back because I just knew that I would find something I’d been looking for for quite a while. I even had a suspicion of what it might be (which I won’t reveal yet). This urge was so overwhelming it felt like I had no choice; it was almost like I was being “pulled” there by an invisible rope. At the time I hadn’t thought of myslef as being psychic or particularly “sensitive”. I could sometimes guess who was on the telephone before answering and things like that but that’s not so unusual. Anyway, I went back to the book shop, walked through the door and straight to a shelf facing me. There facing outwards, on display, was a copy of The Green Stone – near mint, hardback, first edition. Yes, this was the book I had suspected. I paid £5 for it (doesn’t that make you feel sick), trying to keep my cool and asked when they’d got the book. It had just come in the day before in the afternoon.

Whether anyone believes this or not, I don’t know – but it’s just happened again. About 30 minutes ago I felt a compunction to go on e-bay and search for The Green Stone which I did. Incredibly, there was an auction for a 1st edition, hardback which was ending in 2 minutes. I put in a bid. I won. It cost a lot more than £5 though! This seems pretty ridiculous to me but if anyone could offer any theories about why I seem to be destined to buy a lot of old Graham Phillips (and Martin Keatman) books I’d be grateful. BTW – I only have one paperback copy of The Eye of Fire and came across that by accident but with no accompanying wierd sensation!

Kind regards to one and all
    Andy F

P.S – apologies to anyone here if I’ve just gazumped you!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.