Green Stone & related Questing artefacts for sale

Home Forums Questing Questing Marketplace Green Stone & related Questing artefacts for sale

This topic contains 0 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  imported_Meugher 18 years, 3 months ago.

Viewing 11 posts - 16 through 26 (of 26 total)
  • Author

You can just imagine it! The ‘next generation’ of Psychic Questers going on a quest for these ‘hidden’ sacred items, does have a romantic air about it!

AndyM
    (previously Amer – found my old log in details)

I wonder is it worth seeing if we could get a syndicate together to bid for the artefacts? I could easily put a Donations box on the front of the website and send out an appeal to all registered members of the site. The problem is if some money was donated but not enough, people would have to trust that I’d send it back to them and not keep it :D

Maybe we could persuade Andy (the selling Andy!) that when he has his best and final offer he would give us a chance to see if we could match it. If everyone who is registered donated £50 then we’d have over £5,000.

Alternatively I was listening to Michael’s (Supernaturalist’s) podcast of Philip Gardiner and he was boasting how he had a rich benefactor so maybe he could be persuaded to come to the rescue. Isn’t there a psychic museum somewhere? Maybe the collection could be housed there for all to see.

Simon, I have been pondering it myself (I alluded to it in my ‘summary of discussion’ post, but wasn’t sure whether to actually propose it – well done on doing so yourself). It can’t do any harm can it? I gather from Andy R’s posts that there is such a ‘syndicate’ already offering.

The only trouble I see with depositing it in a museum, psychic or otherwise, would be if the museum then owns the pieces. They would be there for all to see, but what if they needed to be used – could they be quickly and easily undeposited? I was maybe thinking that a group could jointly own all artifacts, so no individual owned anything outright and couldn’t just ‘get rid’, and the group or designated persons would be custodians.

Of course, I’m running a bit ahead there. There is the small question of getting a syndicate and huge wads of cash together. You can count me in though (well, you can count me in after pay day!).

Michael

£5,000 is still a lot of money.

Apart from the Green Stone and Casket, nothing is known about the other items,

The ‘Pink’ stone, the ‘White’ stone, the ‘Five’ (what?) and the Isis locket; and now a unspecified parchment.

What I see here is a story untold. We’ve had Graham n Martin’s version of events, and Andy C’s. It would be nice to read Gaynor’s version. If a book were written that’d raise more money than selling the items themselves, and it would also increase the value of the items… they’d be worth more once they had appeared in a book…. wouldnt they?

Hi,

This is a reply to Yuri’s post.

It’s true, a book written by Gaynor would (if a publisher could be found) raise much more than the current bid of £5,500 on the artefacts.

But, as I’ve noted, she no longer wants anything to do with the Green Stone etc, hence the disposal. You need to remember that all the events Gaynor was involved in took place over 20 years ago, when effectively she was a child/teenager. Since then she’s had several lives, children and doesn’t want the story to be following her forever. The adverse publicity she may receive if a book was written could affect her job, how people in the community see her etc etc. Also, and unfortunately, gaynor has had several bad experiences with what can only be described a nutters who have become attracted to the Green Stone saga and she now feels her part in the saga is over and it’s up to other people. Whether these will be people now or people who locate the artefacts in years hence if the sale doesn’t take place, remains to be seen.

But thanks to everyone for these sort of queries as I’m sure it clarifies the situation.

Happy Trails
    Andy

Aha! So I’m not the only one who has no idea what those other items are. I thought that I just hadn’t read about them. Does Andy C or Graham P know what they are? Maybe we should try asking them?

I remember reading an interview with Andy R on Phenomena, and he intimated (though he didn’t actually confess) that he has been involved in some physical hoaxes, and he admitted outright to planting false stories in his books which were completely unreferenced just to see if they spread. So maybe he is pulling our legs on some of those things just to watch how we react, which admittedly would be amusing :lol: (well, I would find it so, though perhaps not if I’d just handed over five grand of course).

But assuming they are genuine questing artifacts then it would be nice to hear the story behind them.

Michael

Meugher wrote:
    The adverse publicity she may receive if a book was written could affect her job, how people in the community see her etc etc.

But being married to a bloke who writes books on UFOs won’t?
    :wink:

My neighbours have only recently discovered my association with this website and they seem to be coming to terms with it OK although in fairness I wasn’t the most integrated member of the community to begin with :D

Hi,

A few points:

The items you mention are all known to the people involved in the Questing scene, and I presumed wouldn’t need much explanation. However it’s years since I read the books and Gaynor tells me that some of the items may not have been included.

The Isis Locket was quested following a Ouija session (at which Graham P was present) right at the beginning of the Green Stone sage
    The 5 rings were quested from (I think the Holy Well in Terry Shotton’s garden)
    The pink stone is one of the many stones discovered and if I understand it correctly there was one for each bit of the Quabbalah which matched the colours of each
    Ditto the white stone
    The Green Stone and the Meonia casket is rather obvious

If anyone involved in the bidding wished further information please contact me privately.

And as regards Gaynor not wanting to be know in all this, someone referred to that not being possible due to my book writing. Utter nonsense I’m afraid. There’s only the Questing people who (now) know I’m even married to Gaynor. The simple facts are that gaynor is not interested in talking about the Questing times becauise it’s all been said before. Her part in it finished a long time ago. It’s up to others if they want to play a part, and I’m afraid this rather petty nit picking only goes to reinforce her desire to be free of these items.

Happy Trails

Andy

Sorry, Andy R, that wasn’t meant to be serious – just me being flippant and poking a bit of gentle fun (I’d hoped the wink and sending myself up would soften the blow). Apologies if I’ve caused offence and of course Gaynor has every right to lead her life how she wishes.

Later dude,

8)

Andy, ditto Simon, I didn’t intend any offence, least of all to Gaynor. I guess those items might be in the early GP/MK books, which I haven’t read (but should be able to soon). Though I still think it would be funny if you were inventing artifacts. The idea of it reminded me that I need to take a look at myself and laugh like a drain!

Best regards,

Michael

Hi,

I missed this from Michael, but I’ll comment on it now:

>I remember reading an interview with Andy R on Phenomena, and he >intimated (though he didn’t actually confess) that he has been involved >in some physical hoaxes, and he admitted outright to planting false >stories in his books which were completely unreferenced just to see if >they spread.

Yes, that’s true. I plant at least one false story in each of my books to see a) who copies things slavishly without checking facts and b) to see how a story can mutate. I’ve also been involved in various UFO hoaxes. However, I don’t see what this has to do with Questing as all that stuff happened long before I met Gaynor. As previously noted, the other artefacts are genuine and were quested for by Gaynor, Graham and other people at the time.

>So maybe he is pulling our legs on some of those things just to watch >how we react, which admittedly would be amusing (well, I would find it >so, though perhaps not if I’d just handed over five grand of course).

That hadn’t occurred to me to be honest, but I rather think if I was going to introduce any ‘false’ questing items that I could come up with something a bit more exciting that a few rings, a locket and so on! Gaynor is consulting her diaries and will provide full story and provenace for all these items to the lucky bidder. We have also come across various bits of Questing paperwork etc which we are ‘throwing in’ with the artefacts rather than selling them seperately. We want whoever obtains these materials to be thoroughly satisfied.

Happy Trails

Andy
    who has never been on a Psychic Quest in his life!

Viewing 11 posts - 16 through 26 (of 26 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.