Green Stone film review

Home Forums Questing Questing Marketplace Green Stone film review

This topic contains 0 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  imported_YURI 18 years ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

THE GREEN STONE VIDEO/DOCUMENTARY.

Having seen the Green Stone Video/Documentary I thought that I would post up a short review of its content, for those interested. On the whole it covers, in a condensed manner the content of the original ‘The Green Stone’ paperback… albeit simplified into 40 minutes or so of footage… It cannot be sold as repackaged dvds because of copyright restrictions, so old vhs are out there but very rare and hard to get hold of

It is now dated-looking and the sound quality is a bit shaky, it was filmed around 1985 (guessed by the hair styles of certain individuals) but it is fascinating nonetheless to see film footage of places like Oaks Crescent, Harvington Hall, Knights Pool and Whiteladies Priory etc. Most interesting is to see main characters of the story talking for themselves.

On film, speaking for themselves are (in order of appearance) Martin Keatman; Marion Sunderland; Terry Shotton; Alan Beard; Graham Phillips; Gaynor Sunderland and Mike Radcliff.

For those hoping for ‘new’ material, there is very little in the documentary that isn’t available in the Green Stone paperback; however interpretation of the meaning of events and emphasis on certain historicity is different to the paperback book.

For instance, in the book, Mary Queen of Scots is presented as being very important, on this film she gets no mention at all; instead, emphasis is on the Rosicrucians and the appearance of a new star in the constellation of Cygnus, which was interpreted in the 17th cent as heralding a new and powerful queen, which was perceived of (by the Gunpowder Plotters) as Princess Elizabeth, who would later become the Queen of Bohemia… the Plotters intended kidnapping her but their plans were scuppered.

There is mention of a Rosicrucian author called Simon Studienne (not sure if I have spelt his surname correctly; read it phonetically) he wrote something called the ‘Naometria’ which supposedly mentions a Green Stone… this helped Parasearch and Co to believe in the historicity of the Green Stone psychic information… however, connecting Catholic fanatic terrorists (the Gunpowder Plotters) to the Rosicrucians (anti Catholic) is still, over 20 years later, historically unworkable.

Most interestingly is that the Green Stone book presents the stone as an artifact of good verses evil with a spectacular showdown at Whiteladies Priory… the documentary film does not support this, rather it undermines it and suggests otherwise.

The Green Stone appears to be a vehicle for disruptive energy. After being found it is taken to the Parasearch headquarters of Oaks Crescent where Graham, Martin and Andy experience all sorts of troubling phenomena; faulty electrics, poltergeist type activity and spontaneous fires… the stone is troublesome.

Marion declares that for things to be returned to normal at Oaks Crescent, in her own words, the stone should be ‘discharged and neutralized at venerated ground’… hence why Whiteladies Priory was chosen. As this was done at Whiteladies (there is no mention of a race against time and having to combat the dark side) eerie screeches are heard and 5 balls of white light burst into the sky, then Marion describes ‘the stone was now harmless’.

I am left with the conclusion that the Green Stone was never a holy artifact of goodness (as presented by the book), but rather a psychic head ache just like the Eye of Fire that came later. The only real curiosity to me still, is the Sword… again, the psychics were given no inclination that there would be many more swords to follow…..?

As for the mineral that the Green Stone is composed of, to quote the film, “fashioned from simple Jade” and as such, updateable… (Although a Museum did date the casket to the 17th century.

Only just saw your post having not been here for a week or two. I appreciate the insight into the contents of the video, Yuri. Thank you.

Even given the fact it may not cast anything new on the saga, more existing as an “embarassing” curio, I’d still love to see it!
    Well, Beltane is here. I don’t expect to have won the bid for the video, but whoever has undoubedly has a rare keepsake for their collection.

Daniel

Well, it’s past 4.20, no other bids were received for this remarkably rare Green Stone artefact, so you need to get in touch with me to discuss payment methods etc. I’ll even chuck in a DVD copy so you can preserve the original video. Please contact me on andy@darkstar.fsnet.co.uk

Andy

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.