Green Stone and other artifacts

Home Forums Questing Does Anyone Know…? Green Stone and other artifacts

This topic contains 0 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  imported_supernaturalist 18 years, 3 months ago.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author

In the light of all the excitement generated by the sale of the Green Stone and other artifacts, what do people think of the objects themselves?

Do they have some intrinsic power? Have they been ‘charged’ by being used as power objects down the ages? Do they only have power as part of a matrix created when brought together with certain people and places at the right time? Does their power lie in being a physical embodiment of certain ideas? Have they served their purpose, or could they still have a role to play? Is it all in the eye of the beholder? Are they just a collection of semi-precious stones and trinkets, whose only value today is their historical place in the questing movement?

Michael

Kind of ‘all the above is true’.

There is always ‘psychometry’, but for Meonia for instance, the Green Stone isnt the ‘all and all’;… Ilam Rock at Dovedale, Whiteladies Priory near Boscobel, Knights Pool and the like have always been there for whoever to ‘tune into’.

I very much think that things have their moment in time. The events of 1979 were like a stone being thrown in a pool, and this website among numerous other gatherings and ‘collectives’ have happened because of the ripples that have expanded outward.

As an outsider looking in, I’m not aware of the Greenstone doing much of anything over the past 20 years or so; but does that mean its spent/dormant/or unused… I dont know?

Artifacts from the ‘otherworld’ (I use that term loosely) are always a vague thing. For instance, when the first Meonia sword was found, there was no hint from the psychic realms that there would be others, it was merely a dowsing tool to find the greenstone… when other swords started to pop up under strange circumstances it was a surprise to Andy C, Graham and all the others…. in hind sight the swords seem to of had more purpose than the stone…. but the psychic realm gave that information on a need to know basis.

I’d say it would be very foolish to assume complete understanding of what otherworld intelligence is doing… In 1979 the Green Stone was presented to the ‘players’ as the most important thing; but maybe that was only ‘in that moment in time’.

Who knows?

Sorry if I’m being daft, I don’t have AC’s latest book to hand, but could the Green Stone and the Marian Chalice be made of the same substance? If so it would be fun to bring them together and see what resulted.

From the cover of the Green Stone book, the green stone appears to be quite a vibrant emerald green… I’ve never seen it for real.

The Marion Chalice I have, and its more a kind of faded creamy grey green marble type stone, rather than an emerald semi-transparent type thing.

I noted that Andy R has just described the pink and white stones as representing spheres on the Kabbalistic Tree of Life… so reading between the lines of the ‘untold story’ it would appear that 10 stones were being quested in a rather contrived occult formulaic modus operandi… were all ten found?… very similar to something Graham P has done in recent years which is to seek various coloured stones that were believed to of been upon the breast plate of Aarron… 12 I think, I for each sign of the zodiac… Graham lectured on this a couple of years ago at the Questing Conference…. so it seems to be either a recurring theme with him, or a continuing thing… anyone’s guess.

To me, the only fascinating find was the ‘Meonia fore Marye’ sword at Knight’s Pool as this was obviously a part of a much bigger, nation wide thing that lead to other people coming together because of finding similar swords under strange circumstances… whereas the stones seem ‘quiet’ and functionless really. Whereas as the Knights Pool sword still goes out into the landscape and functions.

I thought I had read somewhere that the Earl of Coventry claimed ownership of the Knight’s Pool sword as it was found on his land, necessitating a copy being made to take its place. Is this true and does he still have it?

Michael

True, but I think they came to some other arrangement.

Looking at Andy R’s latest photos of the Green Stone ([url:16voav73]http://www.psychicquesting.com/ftopicp-340.html#340[/url] ), I’m thinking that I might not be so daft after all. It does seem very similar to the material of the Marian Chalice. However, you can probably comment with more authority, Yuri, as you’ve actually seen it.

It’s not disimilar in appearance, who knows? It also (the green stone) looks similar to ‘Serpentine’ from The Lizard peninsula in Cornwall…

Sorry, after looking at the photo I want to start singing part of the ‘Twelve days of Xmas’… “Five………….. gold rings” :wink:

Yuri, I think you are onto something – anyone want to join me on a quest to find the partridge in a pear tree?

Re the Knight’s Pool sword, I checked and it was in The Seventh Sword that the Earl of Coventry business came up, but you say they managed to come to some arrangement which is good I suppose.

Re the Green Stone, didn’t the Heritage material claims that it was made in Egypt? I can’t remember the conclusion of the chemical test done on the Hawkstone Grail, but I thought it was found to be from somewhere in the Near East.

Speaking of the Heritage, does anyone know the current status of the Heritage material? Is it still taken seriously? Is it still being worked on? A lot of Graham Phillips’ books reflect interests that appear to have their roots in the Heritage narrative.

Michael

No conclusive dating has been given by any authority about the Marian Chalice… its almost impossible to date and locate stone without doing really expensive tests.

As Andy says (page 187, ’21st cent Grail’) ‘This meant the vessel could of been manufactured anywhere, and be of any age’.

same page,

‘In the knowledge that Graham had himself taken the Marian Chalice to the British Museum and been told by an unnamed expert that it was a Roman scent jar…’

Graham at the last questing conference (Nov 05) said, that someone at the British Museum had said that it was in the STYLE OF a first century perfume jar….’style of’ is a vaguery

Dr James Robinson of the Department of Prehistory and Europe, suggested it was Rennaissance ’1400-1500′s’… Thorsen Opper of the Department of Graeco-Egyptian Studies, said he had never seen anything like it and didnt think it was old at all… So whoever told Graham it was in the 1st century style, I’ve no idea.

All this info is on the same page in Andy’s book.

At best, you could say that whoever hid it at Hawkestone Park, they may of believed it to be the Holy Grail, and maybe Graham had ‘tuned into ‘that persons’ belief.

I do not believe it is a candidate for the Holy Grail at all, by any stretch of the imagination…. when queried by Tony Robinson on prime time tv, whether this was ‘the’ Holy Grail, Graham said, “well, its ‘a’ grail”.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.