Forbidden Knowledge Conference

Home Forums Questing Questing Activities Forbidden Knowledge Conference

This topic contains 0 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  imported_Perceval 17 years, 10 months ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

Having made the effort to go up to Stoke-on-Trent for this event, I thought I’d post a brief review.

The speakers were top-notch and the material presented was highly stimulating. I personally particularly enjoyed Hamish Miller (co-author of The Sun and the Serpent amongst other books) who gave an update on his latest dowsing exploits in the southern hemisphere, and Templar researcher Tim Wallace-Murphy (Cracking the Symbol Code).

Other speakers were Alan Alford (Great Pyramid ‘tomb’ as an airtight box for meteoritic material), Nick Pope (non-UFO material that crossed his desk at the MoD – long on spin and short on content IMO), Chrichton Miller (the Celtic Cross as a tool for nautical navigation, maybe), Andrew Collins (Cygnus Mystery – I was impressed by his demonstration of a better fit for the stars of Cygnus over the Giza Pyramids than for Bauval’s Orion overlay), Robert Feather (Copper Scroll of Qumran with a photo of JtB’s grave to boot) and Michael Cremo (evidence of extreme human antiquity 8O ).

Time for questions from the audience would have been appreciated, but the speakers were all open to a friendly chat during breaks. A relatively low turnout (perhaps due to the location and it being the first FKC) combined with organiser and compere Philip Gardiner’s charm and wit (and numerous references to his mum) lent an air of intimacy to the occasion.

Philip’s sense of humour alone made the £25 ticket worthwhile, never mind the evening meal and atmospheric music from Soul Path (and the 2 tickets for the price of 1 for next year’s event for this year’s attendees).

A great success. I look forward to the next one.

Shame it was such a small turn out, wished I’d been there

I’m curious about JtB’s grave, was this deduced from the speaker’s own research/theory or is this a ‘traditional site’ long considered John’s grave?

I dont know how well advertised this event was. I heard about it from friends but didnt see any posters or flyers anywhere.

It actually filled up nicely towards the middle of the day, so I guess people were travelling the same day instead of staying locally as I did (thanks, sis).

Robert Feather’s book The Secret Initiation of Jesus at Qumran : The Essene Mysteries of John the Baptist details the possible discovery of JtB’s grave (and headless skeleton!).

Review here:

[url:3sgq0byh]http://www.newdawnbooks.info/Reviews/The_Secret_Initiation_of_Jesus_at_Qumran.html[/url]

Has FCUK07 been cancelled? I saw that there were some advance press releases but nothing since and there’s nothing about it on Philip Gardiner’s website. I think it mentioned somewhere that the new location was Glastonbury so I’m guessing that it’s been squashed by the Questing Conference and the Templar event.

Anyone know what’s happening with this?

Cheers,

Simon

I haven’t heard so. But then, I haven’t heard anything since booking a ticket.

The event is still advertised on Phil’s blog (from Feb) http://www.book-of-thoth.com/blogs/phil … ce_25.html but I found a recent mention on the Megalithic Portal (anonymous poster 22 May) http://www.megalithic.co.uk/article.php?sid=2146413005

Originally there was due to be an event later in the year, then the Glastonbury event was announced and the later event cancelled.

Considering Gardiner is a ‘marketing’ man, I’m surprised at the lack of info.

That is weird. If you click on the Forbidden Conference link on his main website [url:v63100b4]http://www.gardinersworld.com/[/url] you get sent to an area with no mention of it – just things to buy (marketing man indeed!) and if you look at the What’s Happening section there is again no mention of it which seems very strange as last year’s one is still there.

Did you actually pay for the ticket or just reserve it?

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.