Eyup!

This topic contains 0 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  imported_Gytrash 16 years, 9 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

Hi

I’m Dave, from Yorkshire.

Synchronicity of events being what they are, I’ve just started to become interested in PQ again :D

I guess my introduction to this was reading ‘The Green Stone’ back in the mid-late Eighties. And the ‘The Eye of Fire’, and ‘The Black Alchemist’. I loved the books!

Having an interest in Forteana, the paranormal, folklore, and most things ‘weird’, I’ve been vaguely aware of what’s going on in the PQ field since then.

A couple of years back (2003), whilst doing a bit of local history research I came across tales of hidden holy treasure, re-discovered maps from old occult works, lost swords, geomancy, rival secret societies… (Unfortunately I didn’t make any notes :( )
    I tried to make sense of it. But the trail went cold.

Then a few weeks ago, I was asked by a friend if I would like to go to the QuestCon conference in Glastonbury. I said ‘Sounds good’.

And now I’m thinking…’I’m sure there’s something in all that stuff I came across a few years back and tried to make some sense of…’, and I’m inspired to start researching it all again!

So, er, here I am! :D

I reckoned this would be a good place to pick up some good research tips and talk to other folks who’ve been/are still involved in a fascinating pursuit.
    Looking forward to chatting to you all…

Cheers
    Dave

Hello Dave,

Hope you can still remember most of what you discovered in 2003, or at least remember which sources to go to so you can recreate your research. It sounded fascinating. Trails go cold, but you never know when a chance discovery or meeting or something else out of the blue will make the trail go..er…hot.

I’m going to Questcon myself, maybe see you there.

Happy hunting.

Michael

Hi Michael!

Sometimes I think you just have to put something aside for a while, then go back to it afresh…I’d got to some sort of impasse, information-wise. But I’m feeling re-inspired of late to get researching again!

I’ll be at QuestCon but aren’t sure how many of the talks I’ll get a chance to see as myself and my girlfriend are manning a stall there. We’ll have to decide which of us gets to see what! Looking forward to it… :D

Hope to bump into you!

Cheers
    Dave

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.