Da Vinci Code silliness.

Home Forums Questing Please Allow Me to Introduce Myself… Da Vinci Code silliness.

This topic contains 0 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  imported_james 17 years, 11 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

Here’s an amusing anecdote. Went to see The Da Vinci Code last night (as you do…) The film progressed nicely, and as expected until the last 5 minutes. You know the scene; in Rosslyn Chapel, the sacred bloodline is revealed as still living within the heroine of the film, precicely at which point the film and projector promptly bursts into flames!!! Still never mind as we all got a refund. :lol:

LOL!

All you missed was the final scene of Tom Hanks going back to France to the massive inverted glass pyramid in the shopping centre to kneel at the presence of Mary Magdalene and then the camera pans down to below the ground to her ancient sarcophagus.

I thought the film was ok (but I’d of sent it straight to video and I dont want to see it again) the story was a complete load of trash, and the historian in me had to resist himself from major outbursts of Torretts Syndrome… HnnghHH! ‘Wa**ers!’

I went home and knocked this webpage up to explain again how any interpretation of ‘Sangreal’ as ‘Blood Royal’ is totally irrelivant as the original name of the Grail was the ‘Graal’ NOT ‘Sangreal’ anyway… I’d written about this in length just a couple of years ago in the Temple booklet, and gave a Grail lecture at Temple Lodge in Scotland… but people dont want to let go of the Priory of Sion myth.

http://uk.geocities.com/yuri.leitch@bti … sense.html

Just yesterday on prime time BBC1 there was a Holy Grail program and the narrator said that Chretien de Troyes (who wrote the first grail romance) described the grail as a cup (He didnt! he specifically describes it as a bowl from which food is being served!) and the program narrator said that Chretien invented it all! with no bloody evidence to support that view and Chretien himself describes being given an older book and working from that earlier text… I would of expected more intelligence from the BBC, nice to know the License fee is going to good use

“Wa**ers!”

:lol:

I thoroughly enjoyed the film and will probably buy it on DVD, it is a fantastic bit of escapism and thats all it is! Still, if it inspires people to look at the grail myths and the sacred feminine and to partake of a bit of psychic questing then its done its job. :lol:

Alex, obviously the projector self-combusted at the film’s ‘blasphemy’. It’s the only reasonable explanation.

Me and wifey both thought the book ought to make a good film, and would like to see it, but it will probably be off the screen when we’ll be around to go.

Yuri, I had the same Torettes problem reading the ‘history’ bits about Constantine and the Council of Nicea. But I thought it was quite a page-turner, though hardly a literary masterpiece. I liked your little article.

I’m not sure why anyone gets up-tight about the question of whether Jesus had children, by Ms Magdalene or anyone else. With my theologian’s hat on, I honestly can’t see what difference it makes. It’s probably more to do with attitudes about sex. Jesus born in a cave, no problem. Jesus walking on water, fine. Jesus whipping some temple-trading arses, yay – go Jesus. Jesus brutally executed, let’s turn it into a necklace. Jesus getting hot and sweaty with a Palestinian lovely, no way – Jesus would never do that!

Of course, if Jesus did have children people might have kept quite about it for very practical reasons; Jesus was crucified for treason against the Roman state, so his heir(s) would possibly be in danger from the same authorities. But apart from the kudos of being able to say “I’m descended from Jesus” would it really matter?

Whoops, don’t really want to start a discussion on that one!

All the best,
    Michael

Quote:
    “I’m descended from Jesus” would it really matter?

Whoops, don’t really want to start a discussion on that one!

That was one of the things of the film that was lost on me. If Jesus and Mary Magdalene had children, then their descendents should now number in their thousands… so the significance of ‘Sophie’ being ‘the one’, was completely lost on me.

Also this all comes from the Priory of Sion claiming that the Merovignions were the descendents of christ… this maybe what the Mero’s believed but there isnt a scrap of evidence to confirnm such… 700 years between Jesus and the Merovignions, and all Europian monarchs claim divine descent at some time or other; be they sons of Odin or sons of god.

And the bottom line is. If someone could proove (dna wise) that they were J.C’s. descendent… so what?… do we really need this to ‘know’ that the history of the Catholic Church is corrupt with lies and bloodshed, we know this already…

… as for needing a ‘Divine Feminine’, we have that already dont we? in Ishtar, Isis, Diana and hundreds of other goddesses… So too the 5 pointed pentagram being a symbol of the divine feminine… well Ishtar was an 8 pointed star, many thelemites will have babalon as a 7 pointed star… so maybe all stars (no matter how many points) are feminine… but then isnt that apt to Nuit the sky goddess?

Some of the film was a complicated as an Enid Blyton ‘Famous Five’ book… Secret message says look at such and such a painting, message on that painting says look at another painting (where a key was found) well, why didnt the first message just point to the painting with the key… it would of saved a lot of time to a dying man… and the images of the paintings werent important as they themselves gave no clue… you could of just hidden the key under a Damien Hurst pickled Cow…

Rant over …..

…for now :wink:

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.