Binsey Meadow, Oxford

Home Forums Questing Does Anyone Know…? Binsey Meadow, Oxford

This topic contains 0 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  imported_Vyxen 18 years, 8 months ago.

Viewing 8 posts - 16 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • Author

Hiya

I have never been to the church but could I ask you if it is at the bottom of a hill and if there is a pond/lake next to or very near to it?

Sorry if sounds strange question to ask but will explain later.

Regards

Stuart

Hi Stuart

NO, I’m afraid it isn’t. There is a big water connection though.. various rivers run around that area. But also the land is very flat.

Hope that helps

Vicky

And just wanted to add that the drum is absolutly beautiful – she is very striking!

Wow vixen! that was a delayed reaction :D

I just came across this today; another occurance of tripple heads, Elen and wells… from ‘The encyclopaedia of celtic wisdom’ byCaitlin and John Matthews

“The well of St Helens, Yorkshire, has three partially submerged heads set into the inside of the retaining wall; these can only be ‘seen’ by the hand…”

thought that was interesting… wonder if it worth putting you hand in the water at binsey and feeling around to see what your hands can ‘see’

Ha ha! I know, I was a bit slow even for me! 8O I was re-reading the thread you see – found it very useful as I was picking up things that I hadnt noticed before!

Hmm v intresting re putting hands in water – the water at binsey well is quite away down the shaft. But I might try and have a go if the water table has risen abit!

Cheers!

Vix

Just out of curiosity, where in Yorkshire is St Helen’s well? I’m only curious because I have a sort of personal connection to St Helen, my wife being from St Helen’s in Merseyside (it used to be in Lancashire and then they changed the boundaries).

Michael

dont know, the book didnt say, just said ‘St Helens well in Yorkshire’…

… there a quest! go hunting :D

Hi all

I just wanted to reply to say that I saw your Bohran in a shop in Glasters! Could’ve knocked me down with a feather! It was amazing being able to talk to the lady about how that piece came about.

Looked amazing Yuri!

Vix

Viewing 8 posts - 16 through 23 (of 23 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.