Awwam Temple dimensions

Home Forums Questing Does Anyone Know…? Awwam Temple dimensions

This topic contains 0 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  imported_Adamastor 18 years, 10 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

Hello

I’m looking for the dimensions of the Awwam temple in Yemen, been googling it for hours with no result, anyone have any idea where I might find such information?

Hi, I found this on a dodgy-looking website but you might be able to corroborate it elsewhere:

Then, in 1951 Wendell Phillips somehow convinced Yemen’s young Imam ibn-Yaha, who had recently come to power by beheading his regent and First Minister, to allow Americans to dig at Ma’rib. This was a highly unpopular move among the infidel-hating people of the ancient queen’s capital. In a little less than a year of nervous excavation, the Phillips expedition uncovered an exquisite 60 by 82-foot temple within a 250 by 330-foot royal or sacred enclosure bounded by a 30-foot wall. This was said to have been the queen’s royal apartment.

Hope this helps, Simon

thats excellent, thank you!

I will look further to corroborate it. It is remarkably similar to Great Zimbabwe:

http://sphere.rdc.pucrio.br/parcerias/u … z10011.htm

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.