Are there any willing readers/psychics here that are will to

Home Forums Questing Does Anyone Know…? Are there any willing readers/psychics here that are will to

This topic contains 0 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  imported_tanya 17 years, 9 months ago.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author

Not sure if this belongs here.
    Thanks
    Just in case
    Tanya 05/16/79/
    I am a single mother of 4 children, and I have a low paying job.

Just wondering if there are any readers here willing to give me a relationship/finincial reading?
    Thanks fot your time guys.

Hi Tanya,

This really is’nt the right place. :?

Psychic Questing is’nt about readings and predicting futures, Really it is just about research and investigation, using psychic methods.

For what you are asking you’d be better off going to a Psychic Fair next time there is one near your neck of the woods. Or better still, (and this is what I think you should do) learn to do readings for yourself, either Tarot or Astrology or something similar.

Being single with 4 kids must be really hard at times (I know it is as my mum brought three of us up on her own; I’m a grown up ‘housing estate’ kid!)

Financial things, well, you just need to get clever. find other ways of earning money with what freetime you have. Working from home (like ebay selling) or get more work whilst your young uns are at school (if they are too young and are at home you wont be able to do this. You also need to think long term so maybe imagine what it is you’d like to be doing and see what’s available at night school (just one evening a week (and classes begin next month) could put you in an entirely different world this time next year, and its a way to meet new people :wink:

Relationships are difficult to find. True love is rare, until it comes a long why not just have fun with your friends? If you are unhappy and ‘full of need’, you wont attract love. Love comes to a happy heart.

My advice would be, learn the tarot or some other oracle. Work hard and keep busy, and above all, try to laugh and encourage a happy heart.

I know its difficult…

… but you must try

To not try is to not live; you’ll start dying inside, and your children need their mum to be a ‘happy mum’ or your children will start carrying your pain around with them too… you have to make life happen Tanya, it starts with you, not someone reading a deck of cards (read the cards yourself, they’ll teach you a lot.)

Hope I’ve helped

Yuri.

YURI wrote:
    Hi Tanya,

This really is’nt the right place. :?

Psychic Questing is’nt about readings and predicting futures, Really it is just about research and investigation, using psychic methods.

For what you are asking you’d be better off going to a Psychic Fair next time there is one near your neck of the woods. Or better still, (and this is what I think you should do) learn to do readings for yourself, either Tarot or Astrology or something similar.

Being single with 4 kids must be really hard at times (I know it is as my mum brought three of us up on her own; I’m a grown up ‘housing estate’ kid!)

Financial things, well, you just need to get clever. find other ways of earning money with what freetime you have. Working from home (like ebay selling) or get more work whilst your young uns are at school (if they are too young and are at home you wont be able to do this. You also need to think long term so maybe imagine what it is you’d like to be doing and see what’s available at night school (just one evening a week (and classes begin next month) could put you in an entirely different world this time next year, and its a way to meet new people :wink:

Relationships are difficult to find. True love is rare, until it comes a long why not just have fun with your friends? If you are unhappy and ‘full of need’, you wont attract love. Love comes to a happy heart.

My advice would be, learn the tarot or some other oracle. Work hard and keep busy, and above all, try to laugh and encourage a happy heart.

I know its difficult…

… but you must try

To not try is to not live; you’ll start dying inside, and your children need their mum to be a ‘happy mum’ or your children will start carrying your pain around with them too… you have to make life happen Tanya, it starts with you, not someone reading a deck of cards (read the cards yourself, they’ll teach you a lot.)

Hope I’ve helped

Yuri.

Thanks Yuri :)
    2 of my kids are too young for school right now. But thank you for the kind words and advice. Means alot.

Hi Yuri, I thought your words of advice to Tanya were very wise and well-considered and my initial reaction was exactly the same as yours. In mulling it over, however, I’m beginning to wonder whether we need to pay more attention to the “psychic” half of “psychic questing”. Clearly you can’t go on a psychic quest if you don’t have access to a psychic.

Obviously there are many ways to approach this (and I’ve used several). You can use the writings of dead psychics. You can try and rope in friends who are “sensitive”. You could employ a professional psychic. You can also, as you suggest, attempt to become more psychic yourself. Each of those has its pros and cons and I agree that the best way forward is to try and develop the skills yourself (I do have some info on “how to develop your psychic senses” – I think I already posted the Essene Breath in the Questing How To area).

To this end, though, it may be an idea to have a “psychic” area on the forums where people could either tout/request psychic information. I don’t want to dilute the forums with too many options, though, and if, for example, someone had a striking dream with some unusual symbolism, it would probably get a better response if it was posted in the “Does Anybody Know..?” section.

Not sure what anyone else thinks. Tanya have you had any dreams, synchronicities, symbols popping up frequently that you could share that might give a clue to the next part of your own quest?

Thanks Simon

I dont think the forums are too numerous yet. But I understand your concern, how about a ‘General Psychic Area’ under ‘General Chat’.

Encouraging Self Developement is what I believe in the most, but of course, you should check out other peoples opinions and get other peoples insights, of course.

There are probably many ‘psychic fairs’ and ‘readings’ type of psychics (who are quite justifiably trying to earn a living from their skills) who would enjoy being involved with Questing too… I do some artwork for money and some purely for love, Psychics should be no different with their talents.

How to bring the Questers and Reader-psychics together? now there’s a challenge :)

In my experience, most active questers have several divination strings to their bow. I am a professional tarot reader, and I also work with the oracular tradition to gain insights and information – similar to spiritualism but the info comes from (or is requested from) whatever deity or force has been invoked, rather than spirits of the dead. Another active quester I know works with the voodoo loas for results. Marion Sunderland read the tarot cards and at one time did paid readings. i also know questing dowsers. Questers I know seem to be magical and spiritual multitaskers, being aware of, and having a working knowledge of many systems of divination, magic and pantheons. We are lucky in the 21st century to have access to the vast cornucopia of ‘the mysteries’ and I find this very enriching. The more belief systems we investigate, the more symbolism we have to hand to decipher dreams, synchronicites etc. And what could be more useful to a quest in terms of being at the right place on the right day and time than a solid knowledge of astrology! I love it all, me! have to go my cats brought a frog into the living room! Now what does that symbolise!! :)

Simon wrote:
    Hi Yuri, I thought your words of advice to Tanya were very wise and well-considered and my initial reaction was exactly the same as yours. In mulling it over, however, I’m beginning to wonder whether we need to pay more attention to the “psychic” half of “psychic questing”. Clearly you can’t go on a psychic quest if you don’t have access to a psychic.

Obviously there are many ways to approach this (and I’ve used several). You can use the writings of dead psychics. You can try and rope in friends who are “sensitive”. You could employ a professional psychic. You can also, as you suggest, attempt to become more psychic yourself. Each of those has its pros and cons and I agree that the best way forward is to try and develop the skills yourself (I do have some info on “how to develop your psychic senses” – I think I already posted the Essene Breath in the Questing How To area).

To this end, though, it may be an idea to have a “psychic” area on the forums where people could either tout/request psychic information. I don’t want to dilute the forums with too many options, though, and if, for example, someone had a striking dream with some unusual symbolism, it would probably get a better response if it was posted in the “Does Anybody Know..?” section.

Not sure what anyone else thinks. Tanya have you had any dreams, synchronicities, symbols popping up frequently that you could share that might give a clue to the next part of your own quest?

Hey Simon, as for dreams. Recently every night I have either bad dreams or weird dreams. Mostly involving female monsters. I also dream of my Ex. I know that’s real weird, most the dreams are rather unpleaseant I should say. But as for symbols and whatnot, I don’t remember any. I don’t usually chatch the fine details of my dreams. I sometimes see words, prints on shirts and stuff like that. But that’s about it for me. There are other times when I get these sensations like I am being held down against my will, that can be pretty freaky for me. Then there are other times that I think I woke up, but I am still dreaming and it feels like I was up and standing/walking around. Kind of strange too, there was a few times that I seen my son upstairs when he should have been downstairs, then when I asked him if he was upstairs once he woke up in the morning, he said yes. I also remember in that dream that he had changed into different P.J’s, when he came up in the morning, he was indeed wearing different P.J’s. Not sure what any of this means, just seems really starnge to me. Comments?

Hi Tanya,

I’ll reply in more detail in a little bit but for the moment I reproduce below a description of something very similar by an ex-colleague of mine. I’ll tell you later what I did that stopped it but also why that might not be a good idea in your case.

Cheers,

Simon

All I Wanted was a Good Night’s Sleep…

My head is a scary, scary place. I’ve been aware of this for long time now and have even come to deal with the fact that my subconscious hates me. Until now it’s been fairly benign – the odd bit of dancing on the table when I’ve had too much to drink, the occasional bout of foot in mouth at the dinner party table or the inability to speak to someone cute because my mouth is inexplicably full of peanut butter. My friends had come to accept my quirkiness as harmless blond-itis that makes me, and so had I.

This was all before last night when things took a new and sinister turn. I guess I should start at the beginning and if I knew where that was I would. For many years I’ve been conscious of lucid dreaming and always thought that it sounded rather fun. My mother, a frequent lucid dreamer, regaled us with her childhood dreams of a futuristic world where people had watches that they could talk to and see other people on, where you could have an entire world’s worth of information in a little box in the corner of your study. Considering when mother was young the mobile phone hadn’t been thought of yet and the internet was something you hung at your window, I think she was remarkably spot-on with the make-believe world she hid behind her eyelids.

So when I came across an article several years ago I decided to play the game. I repeated my mantras when falling asleep; I dutifully filled in my dream log every morning, month after month; but as time drew on I had no idea if I’d even had a dream at night, never mind being conscious within it. With time and the change of jobs I grew bored of my log and the countless mantras and settled down to a future of nights with half remembered lotto wins, fast cars and racy blondes.

Then, out of the blue, late last year I had a dream where I dreamt that I was lying in bed dreaming. In the dream, I suddenly realised that I was actually lying in bed but also dreaming at the same time that I was lying in bed. So I floated up to see myself lying on bed and I thought ’how nice’ before promptly falling ’asleep’ (again).

I quickly forgot about the episode (presumably I filed this somewhere away in the back of my mind marked “interesting” and continued to sleep the regular, sleepy sort of sleep). Then a few months ago I had the dream again, this time though I didn’t fall asleep. I was waking up, or rather, trying to wake up in the kind of darkness you only get in the middle of winter in the middle of the night. In fact I was desperately trying to wake up. I knew I was in bed, I knew I was asleep. I knew I wasn’t the only one in the room. I tried to turn my head to look around the room – nope not possible – apparently my head had turned to lead along with the rest of my body. I was utterly paralysed. Now I’ve had a toe-nail pulled off without anaesthetic (I can show you if you like), I’ve had a fake gun pointed at my head (I didn’t know it at the time, or at least couldn’t be sure), I’ve had to navigate my way down the pitch black stairwell of the Nile Cruiser when I was on holiday with hundreds of others with only a lighter to see by as the engine gently exploded (those people will never complaint about smokers again!). None of this though, none of my bizarre little life comes one iota close to the absolute terror that flooded my mind as I lay paralysed in the darkness with the demons of my subconscious lurking around me. It’s difficult to explain the kind of fear you get when something grabs your legs and starts pulling your body of the bed. I can explain the sound though and it was loud – very loud, screaming. I know because I was still doing it when I sat bolt upright in the middle of the night drenched in sweat.

If this all reads as a bit story-like and dramatic then I apologise. I don’t know how to tell it another way. Well I do. I had an attack of Sleep Paralysis (SP) and Associated Hypnagogic and Hypnopompic Experiences. It happens to 10% of human adults according to some research. But if you really want to know what it was like, and if you want it to be interesting then I must write it as a tale. I also feel that it’s something I need to do. As for the dramatic, well it’s as dramatic as it is has become traumatic to me.

These ’episodes’ as I’ve come to refer to them have occurred a few times this year, each time increasing in intensity and duration, each more realistic and each more terrifying because of it. Last night’s was the fourth and lasted approximately 25 minutes. I don’t know how I know this I just do.

Last night’s was the worst because it contained all the elements of the previous dreams and some new and interesting ones to boot. I’ll leave my little tale now and switch to the stream of consciousness that poured out of me at 12:30 last night. I damn well wasn’t going to sleep again so I wrote it all out hoping that I might make sense of it and stop it happening again. Anyway here it is word for word:

Quote:
    Grey, darkness. Lights won’t turn on. Laughing, Music, Laughing at me? Not sure. Scared, hiding under the cover. Watching people, colour green. Who are they? Can they see me? Don’t know, scared they can, scared they’ll notice me watching through the gap in the sheet. Some kind of fit. My whole body shakes. White noise fills my head with music, blinding light waves the whole world judders. Wave after wave; 4 or 5 fits.

I think that this is the point where I became fully conscious that I was dreaming. Interestingly, though, the moment I began the episode was when I tried to turn on the light. That’s the point that I realised ’I’ve been dreaming this before’. The light won’t turn on and I realise it’s because my hand isn’t attached to my body any more – that’s when the panic sets in and I start scrabbling to get back in my body. I normally try to do this then I have to struggle to actually make it move. Either that or I float/get dragged of the bed. The people in green are something new and so are the convulsions/spasms which are weird to explain but I wasn’t having those it was the world that was convulsing Anyway….

Quote:
    Then I’m sliding, not being pulled this time. Just sliding backwards out of the bed. Floating away from myself into darkness. I let go a little ask to go forward they allow this. Who are they?

This is new too. This is the first time I’ve been able to be conscious enough to realise this is still my dream even if I’m not in full control. It’s the first time I’ve asked for something.

Quote:
    Forward this time through the wall of the house again and again, the brickwork the grain of the wooden door like walking sliding, solid thick not cold.

Think I was trying to describe the sensation of passing through the walls, of the house and then the houses in the neighbourhood as I sailed forwards.

Quote:
    Ask for control, something, scared.

This is the point where I lost my cool. I was getting too far away from my body. This is where weird got terrifying, yet reading it back now it really doesn’t sound bad. Just trust me that it’s the scariest thing I think has ever happened to me.

Quote:
    Try to wake up. Can’t lift my hand my. Pull myself up, I weigh 40kgs. Lights still out.

I’m pushing the button but the light won’t turn on. It seems to me that the moment I realise I’m dreaming is like a reset switch, suddenly I’m back in my bed and I have to try to get my body to move again.

Quote:
    I’m not awake yet. Try again, still can’t. I get to the door next time, maybe the bulb’s gone. Have to wake up before they notice, before they see me. I get to the door again – maybe I can see Duncan, wake him up. I shout but there’s no voice. Open the landing door to wake him so he can wake me. No point I’m asleep, I’ll have to do it myself. There’s something at the door.

The something at the door is hard to explain it’s the feeling of a presence the flicker of a shadow in the darkness. I don’t know what it is but I know at the time its terrifying, image the alien movie when one of the characters is trapped in a room with the face hugging thing, kind of like that.

Quote:
    Try again, getting closer, can feel the surface. Feel my eyes moving, darting. God! I can’t wake up. Terror, fear ? they’re going to notice, find me, drag me away from my body. Get back in, try to pinch my face. My head won’t move. My body weighs a ton. Manage to get back into my head. I feel the pillow on my head, move head. So heavy. Finally shake my head awake. Turn on the light. It worked! Thank f*!?! . I’m shaking, drenched in sweat. I text a friend make sure I’m awake. Can’t sleep now.

Now I’m not particularly one of these new age people that go in for astral projection, alien abductions, or other such. I had a dream in which my conscious was, well, conscious when it wouldn’t normally have been. There are various chemical imbalances that can cause this and even explain away the paralysis as blockages in certains sections of the cortex. All very reasonable; all very scientific.

However, having had the experience a few times now, it’s so unbelievably real, so authentic that even now, four days later, I can remember it as well as I remember what happened on Sunday afternoon. I can now quite understand and sympathise with people who believe that they are being abducted night after night and I can honestly say I feel for them – in comparison my SP episodes are quite boring.

So what does this all mean? What next? Well the first step is to learn as much as I can about SP so that I have the information at hand for the next SP attack. Some people have reported that they find instead of trying to move that you should simply imagine your body going into a spin that frees you from your slumbering form and allows you to float above yourself. This can then lead to Lucid Dreaming and from there to normal REM sleep. So that’s kind of my plan for next time which if the schedule continues the next time should be in about two months.

As I’ve said, I’m not sure I believe in astral projection, but then a few months ago I wouldn’t have believed you if you told me about Sleep Paralysis. I’m choosing to see this as a challenge. If I can master my fear during SP sleep it presents a remarkable avenue for self exploration. One I’m looking forward to, if with a little dread??

Wow!

It would be interesting to learn how this persons ‘exploration’ of SP continued.

Most of Tanya’s dreaming seems to be anxiety related.

I’ve experience that ‘thinking you have woken up and pottered around’ only to then wake up and do what you’ve just dreamt… its a pretty wierd feeling.

Happened to me at the ‘Clumps’ near the river Isis, during the Michael Line Rally in 1991. Camping on the hill, with Richard Ward and Paul Weston, Alex Langstone, John and Kerry Horrigan and others. I was sleeping in a tent; woke up; chatted blearrily to everyone, unmade the tent (in all its fiddly details) then we all slowly made our way back down the hill to go and find breakfst somewhere… then I woke up in the tent and lived it all for real!

It’s wierd, like Tanya seeing which pjs her son would be wearing, a combination of lucid dreaming and premonition!

Tanya; your dreams can improve, and your memory of them, if you keep a dream diary beside your bed. You dont have to write down every dream, just the ones that seem interesting, and by doing this you’ll find that you’ll develop a greater recollection of what you dreams contained.

In my experience there are many different types of dream

Gobbledy gook of your day before; created by random thoughts just spinning around your head.

Dreams where you are a victim or frightened in some way; these are usually your brain putting scenes and pictures to your worries and anxieties.

Erotic dreams which are, well, just good fun really!

then you start getting those ‘interesting’ dreams which seem to be more real and vivid and spiritually significant, as if your soul is doing things in other realms… (and I believe it is)

I often dream of places and people that I have not yet been to and have yet to meet; or I can dream of someone I havent seen for a very long time and then the next day they phone or turn up!

Dreams can get scary if you are full of fear and worry or tired and worn down; but they can also be fascinating and magical if you stay calm and just ‘go with the flow’.

I don’t get them often, but I actually enjoy nightmares. When you’re having them it’s scary, but afterwards I look back on it and think, “Heh, that was really interesting.” A bit like being in your very own horror film.

Don’t know what that says about me.

So Simon, don’t keep us in suspense. What did you do? And how did she get on afterwards?

Re Yuri’s advice, I agree with keeping a journal for dreams or anything else that takes your interest, which seems to be pretty standard practice for anyone involved in psychic/magical/spiritual exploration. It might be that if your dreams are troubling you, just taking proper notice of them could be a help. But it might not be.

Sometimes I have times when I have lots of interesting dreams, and then I have barren patches when all I get is the gobbledegook variety (not even any erotic dreams, dammit). Am going through a barren patch at the moment as it happens.

Michael

Hi Michael (and Tanya if you’re still there),

The upshot of all of this was that I was prompted to suggest a couple of crystals that the person should keep with him. These were Betafite and another that I’d like to think was Moldavite but can’t be sure. I’ve mentioned elsewhere on these forums my deep shame at admitting to having to do with crystals as, to my rational brain, they epitomise the worst of New Age quackery. But they have worked incredibly well for me in constructing a “cone of power” and by my mate’s testimony they took the angst out of his noctural experiences within days as well.

However, my caveat to Tanya would be as follows. This course of action is a bit like taking Prozac for depression. It will certainly ease the symptoms but it doesn’t address the underlying cause – and sometimes you need to feel the pain. In my mate’s case, he had plenty to be getting on with in his own spiritual development and this was an unwanted and debilitating intrusion, making some intense times all the harder. So he just wanted to remove it from the picture and get on with the other stuff.

With Tanya, though, I wonder if this might not be the way her psyche has seized on to take her forward in her spiritual development. It sounds like many other avenues are blocked but this might be the one to follow so I wouldn’t want to cut it off.

I agree that a dream diary is a very good starting point. Sometimes I’ve found a good quality dream catcher will help you better remember the dreams although it will increase the freakiness and eeriness of the experience at the same time so you might need to experiement with this.

After dreams my next recommendation would be yoga. I’ve found this to be a nice, gentle and social way to ease oneself forward on the journey once more. But again whether you can manage this depends on individual circumstances whereas everyone has access to dreams.

Hope this helps. Tanya, do let us know how you get on.

All the best,
    Simon

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.